Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise on DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Enterprise on DVD
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there not deleted scenes from the battle with the Bjorg?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumor has it there was a scene that was shot having Sisko order Worf to take the Defiant in order to engage the Borg. We'll see if Frakes is generous enough to include deleted scenes including that one.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time perhaps for my canned rant on why Sisko really ought to have been on the Defiant instead (or at least in addition to) Worf. (Well, from a, you know, internal consistancy perspective. I don't think the character would be willing to let someone else take his ship into the battle he designed it for. But I don't think you could have the same movie had that happened, without some really arbitrary way of getting Worf on the Enterprise while leaving Sisko off it. Now, on the other hand, if it had been a crossover movie, and Sisko had taken on some of the Lily Sloane moments in the plot. . . ((Well, not the "Hey, let's explain where the Borg fit into this story thematically" moments, obviously, but some of the conflict about how best to stop them.)) "OK, Picard has been gone for five minutes and frankly I don't trust him anyway. Now, here's what we do.")

Alas.

I seem to recall that the existence of the Sisko cutscene was debunked, though, or at least strongly called into question.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We saw Worf take command of the Defiant often enough during his first couple of seasons on the show. I think the most likely explanation is that Worf was out on patrol when the Borg made their move. Heading to DS9 to pick up Sisko would have prevented the Defiant from reaching Earth before it was too late.

Alternatively, Starfleet may have ordered Sisko to remain at DS9 fearing that the Cardassians or the Klingons would seek to take advantage of the Borg crisis. Sisko being the senior most commander in the area, his presence would be neccessary.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
F that noise.

(Obviously, we can imagine all sorts of reasonable explanations for why he wasn't there, but they do not make me happy.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko's not there because he'd have done a far superior job in Picard's place.
Besides, we cant have a TNG movie without catering to the egos of "the big three" now can we?

We, we could, but only if we really wanted something better than Nemesis. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, who's the third?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stewart, Spiner and Spiner's ego.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, back on TNG, it was Worf.....they kinda let it go in the last movie though (though the screentime for the other characters is still far far less than his).

I dont believe there was ever a scene with Sisko written to be added back into a FC: SE.
Much as I'd love to see DS9 on the bigscreen....

As a modeler, I'm just praying for some more ship footage and mabye alittle design commantary on them.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that scene was ever shot either. It would have involved sprucing up the DS9 model or sets to be shot for the big screen, paying Brooks for being in the movie, and most aboninable of all, risking confusion to the audience by introducing a new character.

I have always thought, though, that FC would've have started off far more dramatically had it started with such a scene, then followed the Defiant into battle in the Typhon sector. We would then see the Enterprise for the first time as it swoops in to save Worf's butt.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy the Defiant was damaged early in the battle and Sisko was injured, Worf took over. Aboard the Enterprise Sisko was in Sickbay the entire time--- out of camera sight.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then the Borg came into sickbay and he cried.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Well, back on TNG, it was Worf.....they kinda let it go in the last movie though (though the screentime for the other characters is still far far less than his).

I never got the impression that Worf was more of a "main player" character than, say, Riker. Or Geordi. Parallels wasn't even written for him, originally.

(In fact, you could argue that on TNG, no-one character was more important than another. Sure, people may have liked Data more, but I don't think he got significantly more episodes than anyone else.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Kidding right?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Well, not quite. Certainly by the time the series was half-way through, someone like Crusher was getting her 2 or so episodes a season, like everyone else. They might have been a bit rubbish, but they were there. Spiner didn't stick his head in saying "I like this episode where Crusher is told off for doing an autopsy on a Ferengi because of stuff with shields that make ships fly into suns, but wouldn't it be better if we stuck in a bit about Data becoming fascinated by 20th century sitcoms and shouting "Norm!" everytime Riker walks onto the bridge?"

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps