Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise on DVD (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Enterprise on DVD
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see your point but there's the episodes that obviously cater to one character (Parralells, Data's Day, Inner Light) where you may not see anyone else for the episode at all nad then there's a large number of episodes that revolve almost as heavily around "the big three" and leave Crusher, LaForge, Welshy and Riker in the cold.

The lion's share of these good secondary episodes are for Worf, Data or Picard....
Mabye they just never figured out how to make Geordi intresting aside from his abortive lovelife.
That poor guy never got laid.
Tortured, brainwashed, beaten, shot: Yes.
Laid? No.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troi got a bit of the shaft, almost any dedicated Troi episode almost always involved her mother as well.

Worf also did have the continuing ...vs. Duras/Gowron arc going, which the concept of any sort of arc over TNG/DS9 which was pretty much unique to him.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel a need to point out that neither Marina Sertis or Gates McFadden had much acting ability whatsoever, so I'm glad that they weren't focused on too much. Whenever they were, the results were not good IMO.

Personally, I'm fine with the fact that particular members of the cast showed better ability than others, and were recognized for it. But I did like the fact that they started out on more or less equal ground.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not convinced that Picard always had a huge amount to do in episodes that didn't directly involve him. In "Tin Man", say, he seemed to do a lot in his capacity as Captain, but story and plot wise, he didn't do much outside those boundaries. Certainly I wouldn't say that he did more than Riker.

Likewise "Paralles" was a Worf story, but if any characters got interesting things to do as well, it was Troi in her capacity as Worf's friend/close friend/lover/wife, and Riker as the Captain of the Enterprise.

Geordi was maybe a bit sidelines, but he had lots of scenes with Data, so that gave him plenty of airtime. And Riker was certainly nowhere near sidelined.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But unless there's been a massive cover-up, they were all very happy with the division of screen-time and genuinely seemed to enjoy working together; and did so even during the making of the films when there was an obvious inequality in what people got to do.

But this blatantly wasn't the case in VOY, and might well not be the case in ENT (they're all trying to be as positive as they can, but read one or two interviews with whatsisface, Mayweather, and a very good recent one with Billingsley, and you see some resentment - and a certain degree of resignation - under the surface). As fro what the Ds9 cast thought, I don't know. I know Brooks was regarded as stand-off-ish by some.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to bullshit with Aaron Eisenberg for a couple of hours at a convention a few years back and he had only the best things to say about everyone on DS9: he's a very cool guy to just speak with about sci fi stuff.

The actor (who's name escapes me) that played Damar is very cool as well and really sounds like that in real life....I walked right past him before hearing his voice.
I was'nt expectimg him to have blonde hair, I guess.
Both him and Eisenberg were really happy to have had their chracters so throughly developed.

Strangly, I feel I know far more about Dammar or Nog than Dr. Crusher or even Geordi.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

The actor (who's name escapes me) that played Damar

That's Casey Biggs, IIRC, and IM(NS)HO he's a charismatic actor. At one time after DS9 ended, he was supposed to play Ben Cartwright on a "Bonanza" prequel titled "Ponderosa", but I haven't heard if that actually happened...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

ah! Thanks.
THe show I attended with him also had Virginia Hey, that alien bounty hunter withbthe thick neck from X-Files (he was cool- kinda short though) nad Nana Visitor.
I had to go to work before I could meet her but I did hold open the door for her as I was leaving the hotel.

She's much thinner (and platinum-blonde) than she was on DS9.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"that alien bounty hunter withbthe thick neck from X-Files"

BRIAN THOMPSON ELLENSBURG'S FAVORITE SON

(I have given serious thought to proposing a film festival at my former university, the first ((likely only)) of which would hopefully have Mr. Thompson as the keynote speaker, with, ideally, a bunch of his films screened. Such as they are. I mean, there are film festivals in Seattle, of course, and possibly in Spokane, but none here in central Washington, and I know at least one amatuer filmmaker personally. But what would be the hook? I though, maybe, that you could gather the only three actors that I know of from the area together: Thompson, Kyle MacLachlan and Yakima Canutt. ((OK, Yakima Canutt is dead, but I'm sure somewhere there's an expert on him or people like him who would be willing to speak and maybe show a few films. ))

The theme would be outsiders, and these three guys sort of represent three different kinds of Hollywood outsiderism: MacLachlan as the weird yet critically respected ((ala Blue Velvet)), Thompson as embodiment of the modern B movie, and Canutt as a literal cultural outsider ((cue discussions of representations of Native Americans v. reality)). And, I don't know, so on and so forth. Plus, you know, neat student films.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

yeah. Him.
Good guy: hands like hamhocks when I shook with him.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two words: "man crush".

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Er.....No.
Though, he could have potentially crushed me, I suppose.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

so what you're saying is that you are a wee man...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yes, I am a tiny wisp of a person that often falls through sewer grates and is blown down by gusts of wind....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the character of Morn was developed more than Crusher or La Forge! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps