Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise on DVD (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Enterprise on DVD
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently no featurette or other info on the battle sequence or the new starships. [Frown]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the Animated Series is also up for release, for those who care. (Though I think that may have been mentioned earlier, in this thread or another.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Apparently no featurette or other info on the battle sequence or the new starships. [Frown]

Well....that sucks.

Is there anything added to the film?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, you mean added to the film itself? Because I don't think so. (Nor can I think of anything I'd particularly like to see put in it. But I'm a little bitter about that one extended shot in Wrath of Khan that featured a longer take at the expense of a better one. ((Specifically, Carol Marcus rallying her troops; I feel the delivery in the new version is a little flat compared to the original.)))

But if you mean, like, extra doodads and gimgaws elsewhere on the DVD, then sure. Whether they're of any interest or not I can't say. (I've liked the Okudan commentaries so far, at least.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually hoping for some added footage being brought back in (or at least on the disk).
No movie is ever without scenes that get edited out, after all and if there's a movie where I'd dearly love to see more of, it's First Contact.

I was also hoping for some behind the scenes stuff on the new ship designs and mabye an interview with the elusive Alex Jaeger.

I skipped the TWOK SE after I was hosed into buying the "no-fucking-nothing-extra" DVD.

Besides, I'd seen the damn movie (with extras added back in) on TV, video and cable at least twenty times.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I've found most deleted scenes were deleted for good reasons.

(Star Trek II is one of the top five best sf movies of the 1980s, and everyone needs to own it or face some sort of weak nerd scorn.)

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, what would you put in for the other four?

Marian

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I actually don't have a real list. You have caught me.

But give me some time to go through the IMDB. I guess what I have in mind are the other big commercial films of the era. Like, I think Khan is as well made as Aliens.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmmm...probably.
Plenty of goofiness in both movies though.
At least Kahn's ship was not a giant rifle.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would put forth David Lynch's Dune, if only because long-haired Patrick Steward is the sexy.

[Smile]
Marian

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2010. Empire. Blade Runner. 2010. They will be on your list, snob.
StarLord
Member # 1430

- posted      Profile for StarLord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to tell with Enterprise. I think the odds are this fourth season is the last. But you never know with CBS and Paramount.

--------------------
www.incredibleworlds.cjb.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Dune goes on the opposite end of the list. Or at least my list. Both Dune and Lynch are better when left to their own devices.

OK, the scene with the Guild Navigator was good.

I haven't seen 2010. Or, like, I've seen about twenty minutes of it. But, if it makes you feel better, I haven't seen any more of 2001.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

2010 is a better movie, IMHO.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever, dude. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps