Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Stuff in Issue #23 of Star Trek the Magazine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Stuff in Issue #23 of Star Trek the Magazine
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, one of the Sabre pictures looks a little different in angle - I think that it was a new render.

Anyway, I agree. More ventral! More ventral!

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see these images at all. They just will not load.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have got to see the images
Galen's Ships

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/saber1.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/saber2.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/steamrunner1.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/steamrunner2.jpg

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked the Steamrunner-class, out of the FC ships it's my favorite. It seems that Paramount has completely disowned the Norway-class. And as for the Saber image, it's really easy to reposition the angle like that.

------------------
"Great Idea!!" - DARKSTAR
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the Streamrunner (NO Typo!) schetch. Now THAT is one cool ship!

------------------
"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!"
- Crighton, Farscape.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can, or can, it be found on the net??

------------------

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
- Crighton, Farscape.

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 04, 2001).]

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

That's the front view on the left, by the way.

You can also see some Akira elements in there. They actually started with one design, and ended with three: the Steamrunner (which was originally Streamrunner, but somehow the R got lost in between departments), the Akira and the Norway.

------------------
- Crighton, Farscape.

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 04, 2001).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the larger scans Fitz. I agree, the original Streamrunner does look good. Especially from the front, it kind of has a tough "don't mess with me or I'll fire a torpedo up your ass" look.

------------------
"Great Idea!!" - DARKSTAR
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sketch is upside-down, compared to the final result. And I think the Steamrunner's butt-ugly. Besides, wasn't that torpedo bay converted into a deflector dish in the end?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited February 04, 2001).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Both designs, upsidedown or not, are kick ass. More sportish than combative.

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I was hoping for schematics. . . Are there any?

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Streamrunner may appear threateningly; however, she is a very weak combatant. I counted at least 7 of these ships being destroyed by the Borg weapons in the eighth movie. And this is with one or two shots.

There is something very bad about these ships. When a weapon hits the connection between the primary hull and the nacelle, the Streamrunner Class starship's affected side is consumed by 'fire' and the ship is severly disabled or the starship is destroyed completely. These connections could be centers of high plasma energy, that when hit, explode. I guess the closest 21st example is if an enemy ship hits the magazine of another warship, the affected warship will be severly damaged or destroyed by the resulting explosion.

I remember in the film that as a Streamrunner Class starship approaced the Borg ship, the Borg ship fired a single round into the Federation ship. The round hit the connection and, about a second later, the starship is destroyed by a large explosion. Furthermore, the only recorded instance of a Federation starship being destroyed by shrapnel is a Streamrunner Class starship in the eight movie. The shrapnel is from the Borg ship.

I would not want to serve aboard the Streamrunner Class starship.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

[This message has been edited by targetemployee (edited February 05, 2001).]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps