Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation Shuttles - Preview (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Federation Shuttles - Preview
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/starfleet_shuttles.htm

I'm glad for corrections and suggestions.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Delta Flyer picture appears to be broken.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Broken Links:

Type 10 image
DF thumbnail & image

No rants on the Enterprise-E shuttles? Are you sure 'bout that? [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TOS shuttle is designated "Class F". This was spoken onscreen in "The Menagerie" (or , now that I think about it, it could have been in "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"...) And what about the 'NCC-K7' shuttle from DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations"?

You left out the Type 7 shuttle Kotoi, shuttlecraft 07 assigned to the U.S.S. Liberator NCC-67016 from "The Best of Both Worlds" (TNG).

Nenebeck had a registry number, IIRC. NAR-2066.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ February 03, 2002, 13:57: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fixed the dead images. Thanks.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Accidental post*

[ February 03, 2002, 14:07: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great!

GALILEO

In "The Menagerie" Part I, this is identified as a "Class F" shuttle. It has a standard crew of seven, with an intended length of 6.7m, as can be precisely measured from several schematics in "The Making of Star Trek" and "TOS Sketchbook". Of course, they used a smaller exterior model with larger interior sets, probably to save construction cost, but the 6.7m size is what Matt Jefferies intended, just like the 289m for the Enterprise and the 228m for the Klingon battlecruiser. Kirk's "24-foot shuttle" line might be an approximation.

Note that this type can be seen taking off in the "Director's Edition" of TMP, just before the shot showing Kirk leaving the air tram.

GALILEO 5 TYPE

The precise size of this is 30 feet or 9.1m. The book "The Making of Star Trek Movies" says that two models were built, a 1/6th scale 5' model and a 1/12 scale 2.5' model.

TYPE 6

It was based on the Galileo 5 -- I don't recall if they actually modified its exterior sets to be used as a Type 6.

GENERATIONS SHUTTLE

I suppose the length should be 9.1m as well

INTREPID ESCAPE POD

The Intrepid and the Defiant have the same escape pods (one of the scaling references that hasn't been tried yet, making the Defiant about 150m long).

SOVEREIGN ESCAPE POD

The TNG sketchbook mentions that the top surface serves as an atmospheric shield. Its dimensions should be easily ascertainable from the schematics.

[ February 04, 2002, 04:04: Message edited by: Phelps ]

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC the TNG TM mentions the shuttles Pontiac and Indiana Jones.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
IIRC the TNG TM mentions the shuttles Pontiac and Indiana Jones.

And the Sam Feedle. I checked the Encyclopedia, but it doesn't mention the names of the two shuttles seen in 'Cause and Effect' in hangar 1. But I'm quite sure one of those shuttles was named 'Berman'. Where did I hear this...? ('Berman' was also the name of the MicroMachines-Type 6. There are some nice pictures at www.edmiarecki.com , but you can't read any name.)

Barclay used the Type 9 shuttle 'Dawkins' to get to Jupiter station.

I thought the 'Verne' was a Type 6? I'm quite sure, but I didn't check it.

What about the executive shuttle used at the end of Generations? It had the Farragut-registry (I should have the screenshots somewhere, we discussed it some time ago at the TrekBBS), but no name was given.

'The Continuing Mission' had a picture of an Okudagram, a monitor showing the status of the shuttlepod 12, from 'Time Squared'. Maybe anyone has a picture?

The TNGTM also mentiones the 'Hawking', and obviously they are not talking about the shuttle from Generations. Did you see the cutscene from Generations with the 1/1-model of the Hawking? The Hawking has to be a successor of the old TFF-design since the vessel that carried Worf and Geordi to Picard's location was the actual ship. The cutscene wasn't that good, but I didn't see any difference between this one and the Galileo/Copernicus.

[ February 03, 2002, 15:06: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the TNG Companion, there was the shuttlepod "Campbell" in Power Play. Also, the two shuttles in "Cause and Effect" were the Berman and the Piller.

[ February 03, 2002, 15:12: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two in "Cause and Effect" were the Berman and the Piller, actually. Of course, they (along with the Indiana Jones and the Sam Freedle) probably fall into the same area of canon as the Enterprise-D's duck. Then again, there was a Justman, wasn't there?

Just looked at Miarecki's website and it would appear he built a small army of baby Type-6s, all with names. I wonder if the other three are the Taylor, Menosky and Livingston? With perhaps the shuttlepod Braga?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Just looked at Miarecki's website and it would appear he built a small army of baby Type-6s, all with names. I wonder if the other three are the Taylor, Menosky and Livingston? With perhaps the shuttlepod Braga?

The Shuttlepod Braga. That man doesn't even deserve a sensor probe named after him. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops!

[ February 03, 2002, 16:12: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd: Great work on that sphinx image! I may just retire because of it ;-)

Galileo 7 type

There was definatly one docked at K7 with the unfortunate NCC registry.

Type 7

There was a few of these parked on the Enterprise-d's Saucer at the end of Generations, but its not certain if they were the Enterprise's own or from the ships in orbit. I'm fairly certian that there is a retouched schematic bearing the Liberator's Reggo floating about somewhere [Razz]

Type 9

I seam to rememmber a shot of one or two of these parked in Voyager's shuttle bay. Where there no names or shuttle numbers visible?

Air tram

There were several others in the hanger bay shot, I'm sure those of you with the new DVD (which is comming to Region 2 when!???!) can zoom in a rattle off the different numbers.
Also I belive the stock footage of this thing was used at least once on Voyager, so its still kicking around in the 24th Century.

Executive Shuttle

If you look at the screen caps from Generations you can clearly see that this shuttle displays the Farragut's Reggo, so these people carriers are obviously not restricted to starbases.
Presumably this was a CG model since the original had already been Sydney-ised.

Spacedock shuttle

Also capable of atmospheric flight (STIV) where we see one being serviced outside UFP HQ and later being used as a rescue vehicle.
As a side note, this ship seams to fit the description for Paris's S-Class shuttle.

Time pod

It may be worth mentioning that this mock up started life as a Deneva-Class escape pod, I belive "Angel One" (TNG).

I'm wondering, should the "Spacematic" from K-7 be considered a federation design? given that its supposed to be owned by Cerino Jones.

[ February 03, 2002, 15:48: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

Thanks for reminding me on the TMP : Director's Edition. There was also an old TOS-style shuttle parking in the airtram station. Far right of the screen. Look here:

I mailed Ed Miarecki go find out the names of the models pictured on his page. I have the strange feeling they didn't build them for 'Cause and Effect' but for 'Generations'. In the saucer-scene, we saw all those shuttles parked at the saucer, and the saucer itself was a physical model (at least the one they used for the crash-landing). So maybe he built those ships for Generations? (Why should he built 6 ships if he only uses 2 of them?)

[Edit:] The old shuttle's parking at the upper level, between the airtrams. And I just found another one, in front of the golden gate bridge, far left screen. A sideview. If they CGIed those shuttles, maybe someone can find out if they assigned a name.

[ February 03, 2002, 15:48: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps