Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation Shuttles - Preview (Page 11)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Federation Shuttles - Preview
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's probably one of the Foundation Imaging guys who helped do the new sfx for TMP. He's probaby on the third "making of" feature on the dvd. And if any of you paid any attention to them, you'd notice that Mojo and Bonchune is there as well

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - Daren Dochterman's his name. I don't know if it's Pete Conrad the shuttle was named after.

As for why it's there in the first place, who knows? Per at least "The Menagerie", we can surmise that the TOS shuttle has some sort of limited warp capability.. I'm guessing that it's some sort of specialized longer-range shuttle (or perhaps with a contemporary warp sled left somewhere in orbit) that was used to courier someone from SB6 to Earth.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's named after William Conrad & is powered by pork.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Conrad have a registry?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully not, being as it's assigned to a Starbase. (The whole NCC-K7 thing [and Franz Joseph's diagrams] notwithstanding...)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Does the Conrad have a registry?

How else are you supposed to know it's from a Starbase?

It'll probably be SB-6/2 or something.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a starbase? Could it not be from Spacedock?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because this Daren chap said it was Starbase 6, I suppose.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canonically base shuttles do have registries, beginning with a SB, SC or SD prefix [starbase, starfleet command and spacedock] (Janeway's shuttle in 'Endgame' was SC-4 and there have been many variations on SD inside spacedock, but im hardpressed to quote exactly. Im not sure if SB is real or im just saying it because i saw it here.
Lookup time:
was there any writing on the Verne (shuttle from Relay Station 47) in 'Aquiel'? the shuttle seen flying by Barclay's building (the SF comm center or whatever)?

[ February 25, 2002, 13:19: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

SD was used for the exec shuttle in ST:VI
"SD103"

That can either be interperated as "Spacedock shuttle 103" or "Spacedock one - shuttle 03"
not that it's terrible relevant.

Personally I go for the latter option.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Verne had RS-47, as far as I know. Not sure about Barclays shuttle, but I suppose it had some sort of registry. As for the Dalkins or whatever it is called, I think we don't have any luck here. I just checked the scene. There isn't much you can see, we see the shuttle from behind heading towards the station. There is a registry painted on the hull, five digits, and the first number looks like 7. 74, maybe. I think it's the Cochrane, no even relabeled for that scene. 74656.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the Dawkins mentioned in dialogue?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. 'Shuttlecraft Dawkins to Jupiter Station', the first sentence. Or something very similar. [Wink]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cochrane? i thought i was seeing a type 6.. in 'Pathfinder'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

'Threshold', the type 9 or 12 or whatever you call the speedboat-class. That was the first appearance of the Cochrane. We never had a Type 6 on Voyager. And maybe you're cunfusing the episodes; 'Pathfinder' was the one where Troi visited Barclay because of his problems at work. He wanted to establish contact with MIDAS but no one believed it would work. 'Life Line' was the Jupiter station-episode.

Edit: Had to edit the title, sorry, confused it, too. 'Life Line' is the correct episode, 'Inside Man' was the Ferengi-nanoprobe show.

[ February 25, 2002, 15:17: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps