Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Norway (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Norway
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, I guess on the rim... seeing as all the other Jaeger/FC ships have that 'indentation' in the forward part of the 'saucer'.

Has anyone e-mailed DD yet?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/cruiser_norway.jpg

For what it's worth. Not that it's worth very much, as it sucketh majorly. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uuuaaggghhhh...! Basically, I see a grey mass looking like dead chicken. What is it? [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years back, someone extrapolated forward and rear views; to this day, I can't tell which is which. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The upper one is the fore view. I can only tell because of the six dark grey rectangles that can also be seen in the top view.

[ April 11, 2002, 09:10: Message edited by: TSN ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The upper view is the forward view as the rectangles on the saucer correspond to those on the top view.

Basically it's what Tim said, only a little more clear.

[ April 11, 2002, 00:56: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a website with all really nice schematics?? In colour. I've noticed there have been some new looking Miranda schematics around... they look a bit cartoonish - but nice... I'm guessing they're from the Fact Files?

What I've ALWAYS wanted to see were all the classes done in shcematics and ALL done in the same style - the thing with the Encyc, is that there are different looking styles - say between the E-D and the Norway...

That's why I hope Cap'n Amasov does as many in his own style as possible.

Andrew

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the new, 'colorful' Miranda schematic is from ST: The Magazine.. its got a real colorful rendering, and a more accurate view of the upper carriage than the common Okudapedia pic, but i find the nacelles to be inaccurate (especially since they felt the need to color them red and blue glow, which, with the exception of a couple in the Dom. War, no Miranda has ever had)
Cassio
Member # 795

- posted      Profile for Cassio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Amasov.
Here, all references that I have about the Norway.
Hope that helps to make those blueprints.... [Big Grin]
http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen/BRStarshipsv3/profile/startrek/norway.htm

--------------------
Brasil Starships
http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks; the and frontview will be very helpful when I do the frontview of the ship. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What is THIS from!?!

http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen/BRStarshipsv3/profile/startrek/ships/norway/norway11.jpg

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I was just looking at this picture:

http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen/BRStarshipsv3/profile/startrek/ship s/norway/norway2.jpg

Look at the TOP of the nacelles... look at those 'rails' - like a rectangle on the top of each nacelle... I reckon this could be a form of 'variable geometry' nacelles... i.e. they could possibly move the nacelles forward or back along the tracks!!!! What do you think!?!

I'm just pre-empting the "where would the conduits go - when the nacelles are moving.

They might only move into a particular position and occupy that position for several months, say - instead of changing for every jump to warp. And like The seats on an exercise bike... the 'conduit/power' system might connect at different hardpoints... like where the 'peg' goes into the holes for the different heights of the excercise bike chair - the nacells can move forwards and backwards, and the conduits attach/open into the nacelles through those various circles we see there... That would stop something silly like having them ALL they way back and the 'pylon' connecting to the nacelle all the way down at the Bussard collector...

Andrew

[ April 15, 2002, 09:04: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

BTW anyone asked DD yet!?! See earlier posts as to the question.

Andrew

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My, Andrew, aren't you a little excited today. [Wink]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Look at the TOP of the nacelles... look at those 'rails' - like a rectangle on the top of each nacelle... I reckon this could be a form of 'variable geometry' nacelles... i.e. they could possibly move the nacelles forward or back along the tracks!!!! What do you think!?!

I've been saying this on these forums for YEARS, man. Where have YOU been?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps