Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Norway (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Norway
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That drawing is fantastic. I can use it as a reference, too. And please tell me to finish the damn thing. I started with the Soyuz, and I'm planning to do a B5-Omega class or Intrepid (not B5) with ablative armor activated ( think that hasn't been done before) next. But I have to finish this goddamn top-view! [Mad]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cas, I'm sorry about that. It's just that this morning, I felt miserable, then I came here and saw Koy bitch and moan about last night's episode of Enterprise, and then was fed up with too many posts with really big pictures that automatically show up when you load the thread...and these posts were always done by newbies too. Again I'm sorry about that. [Frown]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly enough:

http://starshipmodeler.org/gallery4/js_norway.htm

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, Cas had already provided that link when he posted his schematic of the Norway class. Or at least he posted it before you re-posted it.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange, how I missed that. The universe mocks me.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Cassio
Member # 795

- posted      Profile for Cassio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Cas, I'm sorry about that. It's just that this morning, I felt miserable, then I came here and saw Koy bitch and moan about last night's episode of Enterprise, and then was fed up with too many posts with really big pictures that automatically show up when you load the thread...and these posts were always done by newbies too. Again I'm sorry about that. [Frown]

No hard feelings about this. [Wink]

--------------------
Brasil Starships
http://members.fortunecity.com/wendhausen

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm where did that person/people who fabricated the model get that info about the 'never seen sides' of the Norway... they're actually NOT TOO BAD! I really like this ship I like that angle from aft and starboard.

Nice work - that sort of 'cliff overhang' underneath the aft of the 'saucer'... I'm not too sure about those ungaingley big red impulse engines - I'd hazard a guess that the impulse engines are akin to the Akira's at the end of the nacelle pylon thingies.

Those wing pylons work for me too... reminds me a LOT of the 'Maquis Raider' wing idea.

Maybe there is some sort of lineage now between Maquis Raider -> Norway -> Defiant -> Voyager.

Do people like the 'bussard collectors' on that model? They look nice and Galaxy/Danubish and fits nicely.

Every now and then when I look at the front saucer pic I go 'ooh it's the Equinox/Nova class! Another design connection!?!

ANYONE e-mailed DD!?!?!?!?! I want to know about the underneath of this ship.

The model work their I reckon would have worked well during TNG!

This ship just never worked for me - i.e. I couldn't picture it being a physical model... now I can!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's evening now. If I take abreak now, eat something and return to work then I should be able to present the finished version later tonight or tomorrow. Just to let you know the research (and caused by the few pictures available it became a research even harder than the Niagara-research) is still running and nearing its completition.

The baby just needs some color now and everything should be fine. (Sorry, TSN, used you method of encrypting a picture. The text will be removed when it's done, of course... [Wink] )

And AndrewR, I admire your persistence.
If Drexler can't help, maybe we can ask someone else. Or someone at Foundation did some pictures of it. Hmm...

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Ooops, forgot the picture:

-
[Edit]: Dammit, hit the wrong button. Oh well... [Embarrassed]

[ April 26, 2002, 09:18: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not really persistance - it's just me typing... "anyone e-mailed DD yet" [Smile] I don't want to do it - unless I have to - 'cause I don't know how I'd make it sound 'right' - i.e. you people managed to get those ATTS pics!! WOW!

My reasoning DD might have some info - as mentioned above... somewhere - is that:

1. Mojo said that ILM couldn't give the ship to him for his book 'cause it had 'gone'.

2. We've heard the rumours about the "Nozza" being a 'damaged model' - I wonder how this works with CGI (a corrupted file?)

3. Where have we seen the Nozza... "First Contact", ?The FC Sketch book? - and the Encyc/Voyager wall plaque. The schem couldn't have possibly been made from FC and the FC Sketch book - cause we get more details and angles - i.e. side and top views.

DD must have been able to see this model? MAYBE he was sent the ship/a pic of the ship!?! The Encyc's the last place we see anything 'new' of the Norway.

Oh Another name for the Norway the U.S.S. Heyerdahl

From Time April, 29, 2002 edition:

Died, Thor Heyerdahl, 87, unorthodox Norwegian adventurer-anthropologist who in 1947 sailed the Kon-Tiki, a tiny balsa raft, from Peru to an island near Tahiti in an attempt to prove his unorthodox theory that the Polynesian Islands could have been settled by prehistoric Peruvians, not by Southeast Asians; of brain cancer; on the Italian Riviera. The so-called Kon-Tiki man did not sway scholars, who dismissed him as an amateur, but his 4,300-mile, 101-day journey across the Pacific riveted the public, spawning his internationally best-selling memoir, Kon-Tiki, and an Oscar-winning documentary on the voyage.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

^^^^

I don't have his email. Is there anyone else who could possibly help?

--------------------

Cassio
Member # 795

- posted      Profile for Cassio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
[QB]
... Oh Another name for the Norway the U.S.S. Heyerdahl...

QB]

Look what I found:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cobbie/Heyerdahl.htm

--------------------
Brasil Starships

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yes?

--------------------

Cassio
Member # 795

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Yes?

Just showing something curious... [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Brasil Starships

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps