Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sternbach: Gettin' Jiggy Widdit (The Intrepid-class, that is). (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Sternbach: Gettin' Jiggy Widdit (The Intrepid-class, that is).
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the Belerephon's registry?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCC-74705.
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
I remember an old 'making of'-magazine back when Voyager started airing. And they did also provide some technical information. I think they mentioned Voyager was in fact the third vessel in service.

Nope, the pre-publicity material said that Voyager was the second out of an initial batch of four.

(The comics later said that 3 and 4 were the USS Stargazer and the USS Pathfinder. But that's by the by.)

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did the names of Fiscus and James T. Kirk come from in for #3 and #4. I read them somewhere but cannot remember where.
IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somewhere very noncanon

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

Yeah well. I always like those two names for the Intrepid Class. Bellerophon has stuck on me pretty well.
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The comics showed that the Pathfinder was destroyed just before the outbreak of the Dominion War in the Gamma Quadrant, and that the Stargazer's reg was NCC-2893-A (why do they keep doing that!?).. I used to command the Stargazer-A in a sim group and stargazer2893a was my first email address

I dislike 'full name' starships, so I'm not sure U.S.S. James T. Kirk is to my liking.. and whats a 'Fiscus' (oh, google will help)...

Besides, everyone knows Kirk is still alive...

--------------------

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

the USS Kirk does not cut it for me. the USS James T. Kirk does especially for a ship designed as Sternbach puts it "Troubleshooter" or Troublemaker on how you see Kirk and Voyager.
capped
Member # 709

*yuck*

wheres this from again?

--------------------

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

Nevermind that last post about troubleshooter, I read that quote wrong. Also, I did a Google search on Fiscus. The name mostly deals with various identities in the Belgian government.

[ April 10, 2002, 10:54: Message edited by: CaptAlabin ]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

To me, it sounds like a plant. I have to ask my mother, she probably knows the fiscus if there is a plant of that name. [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be a Ficus.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Hauck was the NCC-71325. (That was the registry of the shuttle in Caretaker). They could have transferred some shuttles to Voyager to complete it's stock; since the Wing wasn't ready at that time, too, they could have pressed the ship into service whithout completely finishing it to find the Maquis ship, maybe with a possible return to UP in their minds after the job was done to finish the work.

[Edit]: I mentioned the shuttle at the TrekBBS, maybe Rick remembers it and can tell us where the shuttle with that registry comes from. Or someone else.

[ April 10, 2002, 11:36: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

Could be.. The Hauck could be a Grin'ki-class tender detailed to the SCE at UP, registry number NCC-4903.

Who knows?!

Who cares!?

It's a ship, class unknown, registry unknown, that's NOT Intrepid-class. That's all we know.

Sternbach didnt label the shuttle.. probably some guys in graphics or art dept.s did it.

[ April 10, 2002, 11:37: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

He was the illustrator of the show, and I doubt there has been much that he didn't see. But let's wait and see.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps