Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sternbach: Gettin' Jiggy Widdit (The Intrepid-class, that is). (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Sternbach: Gettin' Jiggy Widdit (The Intrepid-class, that is).
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fiscus" is Dutch (and German) for the tax ehhh.. the government department dealing with the taxes.. whatever you call that in English...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would that make it a stablemate of the USS Internal Revenue Service and the USS Canadian Customs & Revenue Agency?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Would that make it a stablemate of the USS Internal Revenue Service and the USS Canadian Customs & Revenue Agency?

LOL

;-)

That alone was worth stopping by this thread for!

-Lance

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why stop there? Why not have a USS Republican Party, USS Metropolitan Transit Authority, or a USS City of New Orleans? [Wink]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the greatest of them all, the USS Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the ever-necessary USS Office of Protocols Involving Foreign Dignitairies, Authorized Representatives, and Heads-Of-State.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop it! You're listing names of ships that belong in the Andromeda universe!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman.

[ April 10, 2002, 18:58: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling that this is just going to become a thread of silly ship names. Since this is below me, I'll be leaving... aboard the USS Enron Corporation. [Smile]
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
And the ever-necessary USS Office of Protocols Involving Foreign Dignitairies, Authorized Representatives, and Heads-Of-State.

And how do you want to fit this on the ship's saucer? (I can already see the ship - an Intrepid with the name starting at the shuttlebay, running up the neck, across the saucer and back to the shuttlebay.) [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Fiscus -- Howie Mandel's character on "St. Elsewhere."

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that really deserve a ship named after it...?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, so let's just leave the other names of the Intrepid Class unknown until further notice.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone yet speculated on the meaning of 'Planform SV-65'??

Planform one supposes refers to this being a plan for a form of ship. 'SV' could stand for 'Space vehicle', or 'vessel', perhaps. Then 65 could mean that this is the 65th such starship class to be designed.

One problem though, 65 is way, way too low. But it's a working theory.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
65 different classes from the beginning to Intrepid? Looking at the current status, there seem to be 65 different starship classes in service during the mid-24th century! [Roll Eyes]

Was it the perhaps just name of the project? It could mean the ship was assembled at UP-yard 65, for example. Or there have been 64 designs submitted by the ASDB. but finally Command choose number 65.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps