Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Some questions concerning... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Some questions concerning...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you're one of those fellows who places one occurrence over every other onscreen and official text reference (with the exception of Mr. Scott's Guide) at a higher level of credibility.

That could easily mean it's an Enterprise-class simulator or, even more brain-numbingly obvious, the simulator in use by the Enterprise training class. Of course, I know Probert wanted the ship to be Enterprise-class, but it just didn't ever catch on... [Frown]

You're clinging to dreams and fantasies, my friend. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Sure do, and proudly so. I'm not out for blood like some people (*cough*Jamesdixon*cough*) but I don't believe everything I read in the Star Trek Encyclopedia... that's just boring IMHO. But to each their own, I guess.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh please, let's not get into this argument again...

It goes like this. If we follow what is onscreen, then the original Enterprise was a Starship-class. If we go by what Propert wanted, it was an Enterprise class. If we go by what everyone in charge of Star Trek has believed since 1989, then the NCC-1701 and the NCC-1701-A are Constition class, refit or no.

Jesus, it's like arguing evolution with Omega.

Back to the original topic! Yay! What was it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I played Harbinger (much as I don't want to admit to it), and I don't recall any ships other than the Defiant being in it.

And regarding mistakes in the list, there is one. You might want to fix the spelling of our favourite Russian Navigator/Security chief/Whatever the hell he was doing in ST VI.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harbinger was good, damn you. It was the first PC game I got with my new Pentium 133, and I loved it like an extrabodilial growth.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the runabout in "Harbinger" was the Hudson.
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that the Enterprise and other similar ships were Enterprise (II) Class ships.

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You thought wrong. [Razz]
Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No! He is right!!!
In The Wrath of Khan a display can be seen labled as
USS ENTERPRISE
NCC-1701
ENTERPRISE CLASS
I remember seeing it on the net someplace.
(Scurries of to EAS)

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Christ.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Red BWC:
No! He is right!!!
In The Wrath of Khan a display can be seen labled as
USS ENTERPRISE
NCC-1701
ENTERPRISE CLASS
I remember seeing it on the net someplace.
(Scurries of to EAS)

No, it reads
MK IV SIMULATOR
ENTERPRISE-CLASS

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

ENTERPRISE CLASS

See? Enterprise Class!!

IP: Logged
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to this again.... can't we do anything better in the off season?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

-

CONSTITUTION-CLASS

See? Constitution-class!!!

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cronenburg needs to make a movie about this.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps