Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Some questions concerning... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Some questions concerning...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*flashback to horrific experiences of nauseatingly long-winded and unbearably super-heated arguments at TrekBBS*

Guys... fight your battle elsewhere. Please?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't try to enforce your opinion over those of others, BWC and MMoM. There's evidence for both. Everyone is free to choose what he/she wants to believe.

[ July 22, 2002, 02:09: Message edited by: Spike ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they are. Just as people are free to chose between evolution or creationism. And if you want to pick the team that thinks after God created the Earth in 6 days he created the Enterprise-class starship, then fair enough.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think outside the box.

you are both right.

(and also, you are both wrong, since, if both names are right, arguing over it is the most retarded thing you could do.. get the "fuck" over it...)

end transmission.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not as retarded as using expressions like "think outside the box" though...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true enough..

i heard someone say that saying 'think outside of the box' indicates that the person who is saying it is thinking hopelessly within the box.

odd that that didnt convince me not to use it though.. just like i never use the terms 'paradigm' or 'pro-active' because of a Simpson's episode...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

"Itchy & Scratchy & Pooch", which I believe might have been the first appearence of that hi-powered business woman who keeps changing hair styles and jobs...

I think the point though is valid, if slightly different in this case. People do resort to using cliched expressions to make their point, as if simply saying them somehow negates the need for an actual argument.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Yes they are. Just as people are free to chose between evolution or creationism. And if you want to pick the team that thinks after God created the Earth in 6 days he created the Enterprise-class starship, then fair enough.

Damn I love you, you frigging stand-up comedian, you! [Big Grin]
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't we have a constitution (II) class but they designated all vessels built like the Enterprise as a subclass aka Enterprise Class. While the Enterprise-A was an Enterprise(II) Class which was a subclass of the Constitution Class unless you follow what is written in the ships of the starfleet that the Enterprise and Constitution Class are different ships all together.

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes. What?

--------------------

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What i am trying to say is can we have both Enterprise and Constitution (II) Class.

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Excellent. Glad that's all sorted then.

--------------------

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, the refit Connie can be Constitution II class, and new ships built to that configuration are Enterprise Class, and the variant we saw in TUC can be Enterprise II class.
IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, we can have a Pasta Class, a Flaming-Baby Class and a Frozen Neanderthal Man Class.

Or we could go by what was actually presented to us by the Bigwigs, instead of making up inane bullshit.

But hey, keep up the habitu� de garcon. Yay!

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to see a "No Class". Or a "Classy Freddie Blassie Class".

"Destroy All Monsters Class" is also nice.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps