Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » An oddity regarding the Bozeman. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: An oddity regarding the Bozeman.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it would have been Gary Hutzel that insisted that they use a miniture for the Valient?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
So it would have been Gary Hutzel that insisted that they use a miniture for the Valient?

Huh? Stipes did "Valiant". The Valiant was the Defiant CG model from Digital Muse that was also used in "Sacrifice of Angels" and "Tears of the Prophets". Worst CG Defiant model ever! I can't stress how much I hate that model. Unfortunately Mojo used that same model in his calendars and Starship Spotter too.

[ August 10, 2002, 22:55: Message edited by: Dax ]

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although you could be right Amazov, how did Drexler get the info/detail about the deflector dish area for the Norway? Yes he could have guessed.

Has anyone actually asked him!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
didnt someone here already try to contact him on this issue?

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stipes did "Valiant" using the CG model that Digital Muse had built for "Sacrifice of Angels." Shortly before that, Hutzel had done "One Little Ship" using the physical model. As far as I know, that was the last time new footage would be shot of that miniature.

Boris

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boris:
Hutzel had done "One Little Ship" using the physical model. As far as I know, that was the last time new footage would be shot of that miniature.

I agree that "OLS" used the miniature but I'm not sure it was the last time. "TCFoE" may be the last time the miniature was used. In that episode, to my knowledge, the scene where the Defiant leaves the station was new footage. Furthermore, after reveiwing my tape of the episode, I'm near convinced that the miniature was used (there's none of the tell tale signs of the CG models). I'm not completely sure but it does make sense given that the station would've been physical too.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I remember there being a bit of a thing over the fact that they used a phyiscal miniture for the Valiant. I must have gotten confused by the evil monkeys, or something.

Didn't someone build a new CGI Defiant model for "The Changing Fce of Evil" and the rest of season 7? Who designed and built that one, and was it better? Or have I also imagined this?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Changing Face of Evil" model was built by the same guy who did the "Sacrifice of Angels" model, Brian Fisher, only that now he had both access to the four-foot miniature and ample time to build it. It would be used until the end of the show, but I don't believe Foundation Imaging ever got a copy (else why didn't Mojo use it?)

As I said, I'm not 100% sure about the miniature being abandoned for later episodes -- that's something we'd have to check.

Boris

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Yep there was a beauty of a CG model built for "TCFoE". The only other DS9 episode it appeared in was "WYLB". I never thought of it before but Foundation not being given access to the model would explain why Mojo never used it. OTOH, Mojo did mention his awareness of the "TCFoE" model in the Unseen Frontier thread. I'm also now wondering which CG Defiant model was used in "End Game". I'd check but it's late here - time to sleep.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

OK, it's now a sunny day outside and I'm sitting at my computer. Anyway, I checked my tape of "End Game" and the Defiants look to be the "SoA" model. They aren't shown up close but I'm reasonably sure from what is visable.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

He had to build the model without getting to look at the miniture? Crazy.

How many Defiant minitures were there, anyway?

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
He had to build the model without getting to look at the miniture? Crazy.

How many Defiant minitures were there, anyway?

Fisher actually built the first model on his own accord as practice, before Muse were asked to create CG models of Starfleet. Since the VFX team were short on time, they decided to use the model for the time being.

There's only one Defiant miniature. 4' long and 3' wide.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps