Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The what now?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ramming another ship is not unprecidented, but definitely suicidal. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What then? The Ent E is not going to be completely destroyed or is it?

Is that what they meant by "A Generation's final journey" as opposed to Nemesis being just the last of the TNG films?

And why give Riker a new ship at the end if they don't intend to show any more of him or the others??

At least TUC had the nice ending with the crew being decommissioned. Seems a much better way to give a sense of closure to an important chapter.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
And why give Riker a new ship at the end if they don't intend to show any more of him or the others??

did you expect them to promote him and not give him a ship, because it would be the last movie.

Trek has always tried to maintain a little tad bit of real life in it, in that a half dozen people of different ages just wouldnt retire all at the same time.

\theyre giving him a ship precisely as a reason of closure.. all the TNG kids arent a family anymore, they are moving on.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not expect them to promote him at all. Why should they anyway?

And did they give every member of the TOS crew a starship after they made them captain? No. Only Sulu got the Excelsior.

Perhaps I just don't like the idea that this will be the last TNG movie. TNG only had 3 1/2. TOS had 6 1/2. I count Generations for both sides for obvious reasons.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i count Generation s as a TNG movie with a TOS portion, especially since TUC was definitively the end of TOS.

and i didnt expect this to be the last movie either, but they are billing it as that. probably this is the last movie that will feature the TNG cast in its entirety, any future movie venture will probably have a different theme (crossovers, new characters, anything's possible).

and yes, i completely expected Riker to be promoted. why wouldn't he? he's been ready to be a captain for a while hes just been chilling because his family is on the Enterprise.

i think that the SPOILER event is going to be the reason the crew splits up at the end.. without a couple of the cast being there, everyone else kinda takes it as a cue to move on with their lives, since Worf already left, Riker and Troi are moving on, and then BAM this other thing happens and it kind of ruins the crew dynamic. its not the end of the Enterprise, its just the last voyage together becuase an integral part of TNG will be lost at the end.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike - I'm going to get 'yelled' at but - I consider that a semi-spoiler. Seeing as you are revealing something that will happen,

1. at the end of the movie that impacts well after the movie

2. That it is 'TNG cast' altering

3. That it means 'moving on'

4. It's not the Enterprise.

5. That - well it lends creedence to a number of rumours out there - that before-hand you could just ignore... This is like the ticket to confirm various possible spoilers. Grr.

Oh well.

And YES I know the post has the Spoiler signs on it - but the rest of the thread didn't really have PLOT spoilers in it.

Apologies if I read Cap'n post wrong and it was just his supposition.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers in a marked thread are pretty much to be expected - no?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

capped
Member # 709

the thread says Spoiler$$$ at the top..

seeing as its a tech thread i didnt say what actually happens... screw off if you are reading spoiler threads not expecting to see spoilers

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Spoilers are one of the reasons I'm here. Can't get enough of them.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

i started a new thread then for you guys in General Trek. it should explain everything nicely

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, this "final journey" stuff would appear to be the creation of the Paramount promotional department, and has at least a few otherwise connected people fairly mystified.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Or it's another clever marketing stunt. As soon as you start thinking "Oh no, there won't be another one - let's at least see this one over and over again!" your sure to make TPTB very happy. [Smile]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* Mike...

from my post:

"And YES I know the post has the Spoiler signs on it - but the rest of the thread didn't really have PLOT spoilers in it."

There are spoilers and then there are SPOILERS. This thread was about being spoiled about the starships in Nemesis - it says NOTHING about plot-lines.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew,

Stop splitting hairs...a spoiler warning is a spoiler warning. You have been here longer than me...you know how threads have a tendency to jump off of the tracks...

Later!
Art

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps