Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway also rammed the Krenim timeship, but then again, Voyager was beat to hell at that point and probably didn't have much of an SIF left. Thus the primary hull crumpled like a new car.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most stupid canon example of ramming would have to be in "Caretaker". I really don't think that piss-ant Maquis raider, with shields down (since they transported Chakotay out), should have done so much damage to the Kazon carrier.

As for the Valdore, I'm honestly sick of the complaints. It doesn't look any more like a Klingon ship than the Klingon BoP looks like a Romulan ship. It's pretty obvious the Romulans and Klingons have similar ship designs, so get over it, people.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the wings, in the scene just before the screen cap you can see that they glow white throughout most of their length. Impuls engines?

BTW: The upload links don't seem to be working...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to make the Valdore varient of the D'Deridex:

1. Remove the bottom section of the "wing", along with the second interconnecting spar and the aft vertical connection.

2. Refit the "head" with the new configuration.

3. Install new nacelles and weapons systerms.

This makes the "new" warbird roughly the same length and width as the original, roughly 2x the length of a Galaxy class, and about the same in height (roughly 2x). A Galaxy class is 42 decks. At roughly 2x height (maybe a bit more), from the bottom of the "beak" to the top of whatever stuff has been added on top of the "wing" it isn't too much of a stretch as being 115 decks.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say it YET again...

The 115 decks quote refers to the original D'Deridex.

Read the Romulan Technology part of the official Nemesis webpage.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I have the feeling that this movie was made to either continue the TNG movies or kill it?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, because, rhetoric aside, those are the only two possibilities? Either there will be another film or there won't.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. My first impression of the Valdore was:

1) It's neither original nor immediately recognizable as Romulan.

2) It's ridiculously thin for its enormous wingspan.

But regarding the common Klingon-Romulan design lineage, couldn't this be exactly the silly �ber-BoP we have seen in "The Defector"?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Kazon SMASH!

Note that by this time, Starfleet seems to have gotten the knack of beaming through their own shields, or shields friendly vessels. Caretaker is one example of this - they beam to and from the array without any dialogue to explain why, and numerous times during the series they beam to and from unshielded or friendly targets.

Blame O'Brien. Sternbach said he figured it out. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
Okay. My first impression of the Valdore was:

1) It's neither original nor immediately recognizable as Romulan.

I agree that the design's not that original but it is distinctly Romulan IMO. If anything, it looks more Romulan than anything else.
quote:
2) It's ridiculously thin for its enormous wingspan.

I agree. The Valdore would have to have one hell of a SIF.
quote:
But regarding the common Klingon-Romulan design lineage, couldn't this be exactly the silly �ber-BoP we have seen in "The Defector"?

I'm not sure how serious you're being here, but the Valdore does seem like a deliberate attempt to cross the D'deridex with the KBoP (and maybe even the D7 a little).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the KBoP was originally a Romulan design. The Klingons might of got their hands on the BoP in the same way the Romulans got the D7. In fact, for all we know, the Romulans could well have also been using the KBoP design during the late 23rd and early 24th century.

Mark: Seems like a resonable explanation but it would of been nice if they mentioned something in dialogue.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by darkwing_duck1:
How to make the Valdore varient of the D'Deridex:

1. Remove the bottom section of the "wing", along with the second interconnecting spar and the aft vertical connection.

2. Refit the "head" with the new configuration.

3. Install new nacelles and weapons systerms.

You might find my doodle interesting. [Smile] I made this when we first got the Valdore pic, I know it's rough, but like I say, it's a doodle.

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Valbird.JPG

PS. Yes, I need to find something to do with my time.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like that. It makes the design lineage thing kind of make sense.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a "rough" doodle? Phloxy, I pity any future children you might have the day they bring back finger-painted pictures to go on the refrigerator! "No, nowhere near good enough! Go back, do it again!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
That's a "rough" doodle? Phloxy, I pity any future children you might have the day they bring back finger-painted pictures to go on the refrigerator! "No, nowhere near good enough! Go back, do it again!"

LOL. [Big Grin] Well I didn't want to make it sound like I'd spent weeks on it. [Wink]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an idea for an "alternate" means of travel, slipstream is probably more novel, but as it is presented, its a tad lacking.

I personally prefer Stargate travel, with all its forms, and strange permutations [Smile]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps