Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spoilers��� Pictures of Nemesis starships
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it says "spoilers" or "$$$$", and you click it expecting spoilers on ONE thing and not another, you deserve what you get.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
I did not expect them to promote him at all. Why should they anyway?

And did they give every member of the TOS crew a starship after they made them captain? No. Only Sulu got the Excelsior.

Perhaps I just don't like the idea that this will be the last TNG movie. TNG only had 3 1/2. TOS had 6 1/2. I count Generations for both sides for obvious reasons.

Enterprise A was the most "top-heavy" ship in the feet as far as command goes!
If you served on the "A", you'd have to be a repair technician to ever see duty on the bridge.

Ever think folks snickered behind Checkov's back at the fact that he was still navagating (or whatever) as a commander, while that task falls to ensigns on other starships?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can i say in my defence that, since i recognized that this was a Tech Spoiler thread, that i withheld specifics but simply said that i knew of a Plot Spoiler that could explain what we were discussing?

my vague sentence said only that there was a spoiler event.. anything else you surmised from that is your own damn imagination.

play with $$$ and get burned. life lessons.

besides, the promotions department explanation for this 'final' bullshite could just be that the crew is splitting up because riker's going to his own ship... thereby splitting up the crew and making this their 'final voyage'.

BTW, anyone read the Reeves-Stevens' stuff about Chekov worknig up to C-in-C of Starfleet in the early 23rd century? last laugh stuff, right there

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok enough about spoilers (just that maybe if something has the potential to be a bigger spoiler than the topic alludes to - maybe a few extra lines warning?

I need spoiler space for my brain! [Smile]

What's that about Chekov-in-Charge? And don't you mean the early 24th century?

Chekov-in-Charge - a Charles-in-Charge remake for the 24th Century! [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Production sketches of the Valdore and Scimitar have been posted at startrek.com;

Valdore
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/08.jpg

Scimitar
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/09.jpg

There seem to be some more in the background here.
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/10.jpg

And this is the Romulan Rifle, previously seen as a Ferengi weapon.
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/11.jpg

A Reman hand phaser
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/12.jpg

The newish Starfleet phaser
http://www.startrek.com/content/galleries/tngcon2002/images/13.jpg

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one Phloxy! Hmm, might have to change my signature. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Actually, she was probably the closest to being realistic. The vessel in the U.S. Navy that comes closest to the level of importance of the E-A is the aircraft carrier. On a carrier, the CO, the XO, the chief medical officer, the chief engineer, and the commander of the air group are all usually of O-6 (captain) rank. This is one reason why I thought Riker shouldn't have been demoted back to commander after the end of BOBW. BTW, I always thought it was interesting that of the three captains aboard the E-A, Kirk was lowest in terms of seniority, and yet he was the skipper of the ship.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that Reman phaser sure is ugly.
IP: Logged
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:
quote:

Actually, she was probably the closest to being realistic. The vessel in the U.S. Navy that comes closest to the level of importance of the E-A is the aircraft carrier. On a carrier, the CO, the XO, the chief medical officer, the chief engineer, and the commander of the air group are all usually of O-6 (captain) rank. This is one reason why I thought Riker shouldn't have been demoted back to commander after the end of BOBW. BTW, I always thought it was interesting that of the three captains aboard the E-A, Kirk was lowest in terms of seniority, and yet he was the skipper of the ship.
the rank system doesn't seem to work quite the same in star trek as it does in the US Navy. if one is in the command division, one gets a command of some sort at captain (or before). i don't think that 2 command captains (regardless of seniority differences) would be allowed to serve on the same crew. one can get a command before the rank of captain, but a captain always gets a command (whether it be a space station or starship). that's my interpretation.
IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Romulan Rifle was always a Romulan rifle; I believe it was first seen as such in "The Die Is Cast". Quark et. al. use them in "The Magnificent Ferengi" some years later - I had figured that they merely purchased some surplus/contraband Romulan weaponry. The pistol Quark is often seen using is also not Ferengi, but originally seen as a Vulcan phaser in "The Maquis" (I think). I don't believe the funky Ferengi phaser from TNG was ever seen on DS9...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Hmm, didn't know that. I only remember the Romulan one that was similar to the pistol.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:
quote:

the rank system doesn't seem to work quite the same in star trek as it does in the US Navy. if one is in the command division, one gets a command of some sort at captain (or before). i don't think that 2 command captains (regardless of seniority differences) would be allowed to serve on the same crew. one can get a command before the rank of captain, but a captain always gets a command (whether it be a space station or starship). that's my interpretation.
There seems to be only one captain allowed per vessel, but there may be several commanders on a Galaxy class starship (mabye one per division: science, astrometrics, etc.) with all commanders accountable to the First Officer.
....also, Lt. Commanders often have their rank shortened to "commander" for ease of speach (like when dressing down Worf).

My take on it:
Department heads (possibly some commanders)report directly to the First Officer or XO
The First Officer reports to the Captain.
The Captain reports to the Admariialty (with alot of leeway)
Admarilty reports to either a Joint Chiefs or President
The President is answerable to the Federation Council

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very observant.

also, an aircraft carrier has a complement several times that of the 1701-A.. the more people you have aboard, the higher thae rank of the person in charge. smaller ships might be commanded by lieutenants or commanders, but captains command most starfleet vessels. id think only ships with galaxy sizes would have more than one captain as part of the standard complement. obviously the 1701-A was a special case.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice the "Phaser Pistol" sign... seems like they got a bit confused with Enterprise.. they used to be called just "Phasers" or "Hand Phasers" [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, before there were "hand phasers" there were "phaser pistols," so it could have just been the fault of someone who doesn't watch Enterprise (not that I can blame them). And besides the present phaser is now so curvy it's virtually a pistol anyway.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps