Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis)
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope that the USS Archer is Akira class.
IP: Logged
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
why are they using TOS Nomenclature? shouldn't it be "Starfleet" one word? is that why you are smiling, Amasov?

Yes, it is.

BTW, they are also online on different other sites, www.treknews.de for example, but some of them are new (they have more). I checked for clearer pictures, but obviously there are none. I guess they are from some video or a leaked version of the final movie. Maybe we'll find out later.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that the third letter of the last ship name is definitely a C. it seems pretty clear. I can't make out any of the other letters though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The third from the last looks like "Nova" to me...if it's registry is NCC-72315 (that's what I see), then it would fit well, since that rego comes before the Equinox & Rhode Island.

Boy, they made a new Valiant really quick, didn't they?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any chance thats a placeholder graphic? for long shots, while other shots will have a matted in animated graphic? kind of like in stellar cartography, there was a static background for most of the scene, but they switched it for a bluescreen for the animated sequence.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, it looks like a rear-projection screen thing that seems to have taken over from inserted graphics these days.

Waitaminit - Intrepid, Galaxy, and possibly Nova? Is this some sort of Class reunion?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...maybe the Valiant and the "Archer" are class ships too...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valiant-class?! hmmm..
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I buy the first unknown ship as 'Nova,' but then again, the blobs which would have to be an 'N' and a 'V' look just like the N's and V's in Intrepid and >i?Valiant. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks for voyager in list*
spots none

*phew* thank god!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware: Exploding Chickens.

He does look a lot like Picard.

A cameo by Dr. Evil.

If this is a bridge.. then w00t.

Is this phaser smaller than usual? Or am I getting too used to the phase pistols?

I like those Senate pictures. It really does look like a typical Roman Senate from an old movie. I assume no prominent Romulans from DS9 will make a cameo in this movie? No Neral or Koval?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picture #7 and Picture #9

It looks like the Enterprise finally got a Sickbay set that matches the style of the other sets. Looks kinda spartan, but I think anything is an improvement over the Voyager Sickbay set.

Picture #32

It also looks like the Observation Lounge got a bit of a makeover.

Picture #85

I like the new Romulan uniforms. They don't remind me of my high school marching band uniform like the older ones do.

QuinnTV
Member # 859

- posted      Profile for QuinnTV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I read down on this thread, I thought that last one was "Archer".....sweet. Glad, I wasn't just seeing things.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the new sets, and mods to the old ones. The new sickbay looks to be a two-wall set, but is more like the TNG set than the integrated walls and beds on the VOY set. The conference lounge has not only a new large computer display thingy, the golden models of Enterprises past have been moved to both sides. One wonders which models are where, and why they were divided that way.

The bridge demonstrates more handrails in other places, plus the slightly larger tactical consoles. The ready room (unless it's Picard's quarters) are different as well, and all of them show a darker colour palette than was seen last time. I like.

Finally, the shots of the bridge set made over as a Romulan bridge look better in their anticipated closeup shots and different lighting. The set looks less like a Sovereign bridge now. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Also, it looks like they spelled "Aries" wrong. To me, it looks like AIRES.

Too bad we only (TMK) see these ships as names & numbers. We could have finally seen a Renaissance class ship! [Big Grin]

Also, does this display look like the top view of the Scimitar?:

http://www.chip.de/artikelbilder/bilder_galerie_8875691.html?show=36

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps