Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've already been through that. The nemesis official site has a 360-degree virtual set pic, and it's quite conclusively the E-E bridge set, with most of the featrues squished into the aft half. This leads us to believe that it's going to be only a one-wall set with mostly closeup shots.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back to the shiplist... perhaps the second to last ship is the Bova? It would make sense. The last one has to be Archer.

And I really, really hope we get to see the Galaxy somehow, if the Titan isn't a Galaxy class ship itself. Wishful thinking... [Smile]

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, with the Galaxy being listed there, hopefully we'll see it. the fourth ship (the possible Aries/Aires) could be in the Ambassador class range. that is really the class i want to see on the big screen. too bad they chose not to use it for Generations.
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Bova occurred to me as well.

The new Nemesis phaser has been discused already, in theory it shouldn't be any narrower in diameter than the Voyager-era Type-II, it just looks smaller because the emitter cone is more elongated. In theory. . .

Even stranger, however, is the redress of the FC phaser rifle. They're removed the old triangular light.sight and replaced it with a smaller array with forward tubelike sight and, er, horns.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

those aren't horns. that is a Bushnell HOLOsight. they cost a couple hundred bucks. that's actually an older version. the current version looks a bit different. Paramount probably got a good deal on the obsolete version. [Smile]
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>Message Deleted.

[ October 15, 2002, 19:30: Message edited by: newark ]

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

it could have been named after Jose Archer, the eminent 23rd century Veterinarian. [Razz]
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure which I hate more, Colin - your obsessive stating of the obvious, or the tedious way in which you do so. I think we all know how significant a USS Archer will be.

Thanks for the info, Edy. No pictures at all of the old version, just so I can be absolutely sure you're not having us on? 8)

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i was unable to find a picture online of the first version. go check out any issue of Combat Handguns or Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement from 1997 or so, and you'll see plenty of ads. oh, wait. England. i forgot. [Smile]

[edit: due to 3 seconds of searching by me on google with both the keywords "holosight" and "1997", this post is obsolete. please look at the next post.)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

here, i found a page with the original version. happy?
Lee
Member # 393

Compare:

-

-

(this image was meant to be included in my earlier post, but my links got mixed up, before Tim points out I linked to one image twice)

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i guess someone in the prop department found themselves a nice can of spraypaint.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i'm glad they finally put a sight on a phaser. point shooting is remarkably unreliable past 15 feet or so. ask Chuck Taylor, if you don't believe me. [Wink]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably the USS Archer was named for its predecessor, the USS Archer NCC-1069, an Arbiter-subclass Akyazi-class perimeter action-ship.

oooh dey're all sayin' 'dat capped in mic, he's scwewy!'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how Colin just goes and randomly deletes his posts. Leave 'em up, man!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps