Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount can be picky about what? Misspellings or leaked information. Considering the script was on the net like 5 months ago...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if there are two typos on there, one of them being "Star Fleet", I'd imagine the misspelling of "Aries" is the other. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From that e-mail it seams as though Okuda wasn't responsible for that graphic, as has been previously proposed.

Indeed, when you look at it you can see that it bear none of the Okuda hallmarks.
The fonts are incorrect, the graphics look more generic sci-fi than the standard LCARS and "Battle Group Omega" struck me are rather fanboyish.
Even the colours are wrong.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A few minutes ago, I e-mailed Mr. Okuda about the list for Starfleet Battle Group Omega.
See, I knew you wouldn't be able to wait. I should have made a bet to see how long it would take until someone pestered Okuda.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what the word pester implies? A minor annoyance. It's not like it's some huge inconvenience to say "sorry, I can't really say." No one's asking him to write a book or something.

I agree that if I were any of these folks "on the inside" that I wouldn't like to be flooded with mail, but Okuda and others have repeatedly stated that they don't mind answering questions or receiving letters from fans. So there's no reason not to tap them as a resource when questions arise.

And about this "oh, you guys are so impatient" thing, I don't know why it's such a bug up your ass, Dukkie. It's true, some of us are a bit impatient. But what's wrong with that? Some of us just get excited when it comes to new ship info. That's how we get our jollies from time to time. What's it to you?

Besides, it's not like the movie's coming out next week or something. It won't be seen for a couple of months. And anyway, how do we even know that the display will be any clearer on a theatre screen? We'll end up asking anyways, so what difference does it make whether we do it sooner or later? (Of course, we know now that the difference is whether someone is at liberty to talk about it at present, but still...)

You don't have to be so snappy. (No offense, sorry to rant.) [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks Mark is still pissed off about that Drexler email thing. I still don't get why you have to get that pissy over it, though. What is your problem anyways, Mark?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMoM: First you make a personal derogatory remark about something being "up my ass," then you go on to say that you don't mean any offense. Well, which is it?

Topher: No, I'm not pissed off about the Drexler thing. It has nothing to do with that at all, although I did make a sarcastic remark based on that. I simply feel that there's no need to bother people with little things that we'd get the answer to anyway if we just waited a little while. I didn't tell the guy not to email Okuda, did I? I just stated my opinion about being patient. So sue me.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
consider yourself sued. for your defense, i suggest L Crabs, Associated.
IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Very funny.

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

thank you, mademoiselle.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
MMoM: First you make a personal derogatory remark about something being "up my ass," then you go on to say that you don't mean any offense. Well, which is it?

It's the second one. Pardon my use of colorful metaphors. In case you didn't know, the expression "a bug up one's ass" means something that particularly annoys or bothers them.

I really didn't mean any offense, though I still don't think the issue is as troublesome as you make it sound. [Smile]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy. Here we go again.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Methinks Mark is still pissed off about that Drexler email thing. I still don't get why you have to get that pissy over it, though. What is your problem anyways, Mark?

What is the Drexler email thing. I thought Flarites had been in good contact with Doug Drexler?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Drexler email thing, as best as I know, is that Dukhat got some pictures of starships from Drexler over email. Which starships? I can't remember, but he got the pictures. Dukhat circulated them around to some of the people here but refused to post them publicly until he had permission from Drexler to do so. Some people got very impatient, some people got very rude, and some people got their feelings hurt one way or another.

Someone who knows the situation better can correct any errors that I made.

And, let's please drop this and get back to the topic of brainstorming the new starship list and what drunken intern messed up on "Aires."

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i think it was second year intern George Pattonsteinhammerkwai.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps