Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VP hurt his feelings.

yes, a USS Archer would mean somebody remembered the NX-01. or it would mean somebody remembers somebody named Archer. Doesnt a present day navy have an Archer-class already?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, we've already seen the Galaxy.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's how I see the list...

USS INTREPID NCC-74608
USS VALIANT NCC-75418
USS GALAXY NCC-70637
USS AIRES NCC-45167
USS NOVA NCC-73515 (2nd digit is most definatly a 3)
USS HOOD NCC-42296
USS ARCHER NCC-44278

I'm not convinced the Nova is indeed the Nova, since not only is the registry a fuck up, but I believe the 2nd letter is not an O. It may be a C?

You guys might want to look at the bigger picture, it might help you read it better

Here (Fixed)

[ October 16, 2002, 03:10: Message edited by: The359 ]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /treknews/gallery-treknews/gallery/Star_Trek_Filme/Star_Trek_10_-_Nemesis/Bilder/188.jpg on this server

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head over to http://www.treknews.de
Left hand of the page under the topic Star Trek News click on 115 NEUE Bilder aus Nemesis ...

There you go...

--------------------
Counterstrike goes cinema! Our own Fan movie!
www.delta-recon.de

And of course my own StarTrek Series Project
www.stnemesis.de

Just a preview...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jetzt in mega-besserer Qualit�t.

My take:

USS INTREPID NCC-74600
USS VALIANT NCC-75418
USS GALAXY NCC-70637
USS AIRES NCC-45167 (A typo [Roll Eyes] )
USS NOVA NCC-73?515 (second 3 could be an 8, but that wouldn't fit the Equinox and Rhode Island.. OTOH, the N could be a B or even a Q)
USS HOOD NCC-42296
USS ARCHER NCC-44276 (the last digit looks a lot like the last digit from the HOOD)

The weirdest thing, though, is the anachronistic "STAR FLEET". The last time we saw it, IIRC, was here (for historic reasons, since the building itself has STARFLEET). However, in Enterprise, we see this [Confused]

OOPS.. it seems like we have an "it changed, then changed back again, then changed back AGAIN" situation.

Alternatively, it could be that Star?Fleet itself doesn't know how to spell it's name [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there is Starfleet and Star Fleet. One the Earth's Star Fleet and the other the Federation Starfleet?

[Smile]

What I find a bit wierd is seeing Archer talking to Picard and Data.

Wierd - just cause and wierd cause look at Data's get-up... it looks like that Valure SP? track-suit that George Costanza wore in that Seinfeld episode where Jerry has his house sprayed for Fleas. [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nova-thing apparently has a background star marring the first letter, making interpretation all the more fun. May I suggest USS Goya?

The Remans are even more different from Romulans than I originally thought. Too bad. Their guns look really weird, with Klingon-style exposed barrels but Romulan-style oversized trigger guards. The rifle is especially awkward, compared with Romulan versions (both the "Die is Cast" and "Unification" ones). It reminds me of the long, clumsy Stormtrooper rifle from AotC...

New hairdo for Troi. Still no new do for Riker. Or Picard. Yawn.

I trust we won't see the fwd cabin of the Argo?

Timo Saloniemi

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo, new hairdo for Picard? LOL, that's a classic! [Big Grin]

Andrew, that won't be Archer talking to Picard. That's Bakula talking to Stewart, behind the scenes I suppose. Perhaps Scott Bakula is like us: he can't wait to see Nemesis for real... [Wink]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I look at the bigger picture, I'm not all sure about "Aires". In fact, the "R" looks alot like the "S" at the end, which would make it "Aises". But I'm also not sure that it's an A at the beginning.

After a little photoshop playing, I get various results that now leave me wondering whether it's an "R" an "S" or an "N"

Stupid...low res...pictures... [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bova, Nova, Goya, oh my! But it's definitely Archer. Yay me, I thought of it first. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enhanced Version

Original Large Picture: http://www.treknews.de/cgi-bin /gallery-treknews/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Star_Trek_Filme/Star_Trek_10_-_Nemesis/Bilder&image=188.jpg&img=

Some of these numbers and nearly that entire second to last ship are impossible to make out.

I made this pic about an hour ago and said to myself! I GOTTA POST THIS ON FLARE. I come here and BOOM a 4 page thread already on it. Meh, at least this one is higher res.

[ October 16, 2002, 23:51: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, about Star Fleet vs Starfleet. I guess Star Fleet is more buisness/professional (physical signs, presentations) and Starfleet is more of a logo type.
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with timo's suggestion actually- that Nova looks more like Goya to me. The first letter letter looks not much like a N and the third letter looks too thin at the base and bottom third to be a V.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I can see the ships' names better, and that the Archer's first digit is definitely a 4, everything else is hardly conclusive. Just look at every time an "NCC" is listed. Each of the first "N's" look different every time. Here' my take:

Intrepid NCC-74600
Valiant NCC-75410
Galaxy NCC-70637
Aires NCC-45167 (presumably a typo for Aries)
Nova NCC-73515 (so much for chronological registries...)
Hood NCC-42296
Archer NCC-44270

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps