Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh my god! (Spoilers for Nemesis)
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my list:

U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-74608
U.S.S. Valiant NCC-75418
U.S.S. Galaxy NCC-70637
U.S.S. Aries NCC-45167 (amended)
U.S.S. Goya NCC-78515
U.S.S. Hood NCC-42296
U.S.S. Archer NCC-44278

I have a suggestion. Can we e-mail Mr. Okuda for verification of the spellings and the registries of these individual ships?

A question, I am no expert at art or art history. I have heard Goya's name associated with the art world. Was he a painter of some repute?

(I removed my earlier post for I felt Vogon Poet was correct in his opinion on that particular posting. It was very banal.)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a suggestion. Can we e-mail Mr. Okuda for verification of the spellings and the registries of these individual ships?
Or we could just wait a few months for the freakin' movie to come out to see the names better. Oh wait, I forgot that some people here can't even wait a few days for things, never mind a few months.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, "they" will have downloaded the movie as an 640x480 .avi-file and watched it on the computer a good two months before the premiere.

With editor's millisecond-counter in the bottom-right corner.

And italian dubbing.

And without any music or sound effects, because that wasn't finished at the time of teh download, only them high-pitched italian voices.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Goya was a painter. http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/goya_francisco_de.html

I'm just doing a search for "Aires" on the offchance it's used as a word by itself, after all Buenos Aires presumably means something (Babelfish doesn't help, it just says it means Buenos Aires).

http://www.choral-aires.org/ - Oh, dear Lord!

There's plenty more in that vein. It seems aires are the plural of air, as in a tune; "Air on a G String," that sort of thing. Can you have a ship called USS Tunes? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*message deleted*

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buenos Aires is Spanish for "good airs." I'll assume that the Argentine city doesn't have an smog problem like "Mals Aires" Houston. I can't find anything at the moment that could have starship named after him/her/it. Is anyone on the production staff named "Aires?"
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air on a G String?

oh boy .. i should probably delete whatever message im about to put here.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is anyone on the production staff named "Aires?"
Why is everyone looking into this so much? It's quite obviously a typo.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Aries is 45167, and I'm almost certainly sure that's also the registry of the "Aires". Guess we have another one then. Still wondering what the Goya/Nova/Bova/whatever really is...

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sure, we know it's the Aries, the registry appears to match. But whatcha gonna do if that Okudagram is in the final cut, huh? Assume some Federation computer can't spell? And what's the harm in a little intellectual exercise, in a Forum that seems to have threads about the most irrelevant and minor details imaginable?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Dukhat got some sand in his vagina... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mangina. Dukhat's a man, so it's a mangina.
IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured most people here wouldn't understand the mangina joke...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you get Hood from that?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
how do you get Hood from that?

From a Mangina!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps