Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pegasus ship concept? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pegasus ship concept?
Darth_DotCom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much to work on, but I definetely get a Miranda evolution feel from the concept art. The biggest thing missing is the over slug torpedo array; which seems to be a mandatory element of a lot of the underslung nacelles assemblies. The biggest problem I have with this idea is the engineering hulll seems to make the ship "feel" unbalanced. I can see why people are getting a Shelley/Curry class vibe off this ship, but the Shelley/Curry looked a lot more balanced in my opinion.

I dug up a old 1701-C line drawing someone e-mailed me a couple years back and kitbashed it together into a rough idea of what the class might look like. You can see it here, it's in the "Kitbashes" folder . The nacelles are completely wrong, that's a given, but for a rough idea, they'll do. I'll work on something a little better once I get the time. All in all it could be a interesting variant from the rarely seen Ambassador Class era, but it needs some tweaking to look better.

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good!
The Soyuz is far better looking than yet another tired ass Connie or Connie refit!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Has anyone seen the AGT Klingon cruiser sketch yet?
Looks like it was originally going to be a modified Vor'cha, but then decided to make it completely from scratch.
Funny, it usually happens the other way round.

The Negh'Var ended up being a highly modified Vor'Cha. With certain angles, you can still see the Vor'Cha wing lines with the Negh'Var extensions out front. The Negh'Var seems to be a Vor'Cha mold with a lot of new additions on it.
--

As for the Bozeman issue, even if it were Ambassador era parts, The uniforms wouldn't have been a problem. The Enterprise-C uniforms were jsut the movie uniforms anyway without the undershirt.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only $80,000 for the Enterprise helm, eh?

That should be in a museum somewhere, really. Hey, Paul Allen!

Sternbach was auctioning some drawings off after the end of Voyager personally, as I recall. Some neat things up for grab in that one too. Though it is kind of, vaguely, very vaguely, depressing. In some way. Like, the letter saying "We like your stuff!" is something I would keep, were it addressed to me. But perhaps I am overly sentimental. Is anyone planning on making a bid for something?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm at it, where on earth is this from?

Or this? Maybe the weapon the soon-to-be-vaporized scientist has down on Regulus, I guess, though I was always under the impression it was just another phaser.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoundEffect:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Has anyone seen the AGT Klingon cruiser sketch yet?
Looks like it was originally going to be a modified Vor'cha, but then decided to make it completely from scratch.
Funny, it usually happens the other way round.

The Negh'Var ended up being a highly modified Vor'Cha. With certain angles, you can still see the Vor'Cha wing lines with the Negh'Var extensions out front. The Negh'Var seems to be a Vor'Cha mold with a lot of new additions on it.

I actually bid on that! Almost no chance I'll win though....
Did you see his sketch of the talarian warship?
MUCH cooler than the filming model!
I think I'll follow the sketch more than the model for the version I'm building. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike: This might interest you. Finnegan's Academy patch and Pike's badge.

And here's a closeup of the Exeter patch.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That dude's even wearing a different coloured shirt...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't he the CMO of the Exeter...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't he have had a red cross, then?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean its been a while, a long long while since I have seen the episode...but he's the CMO they saw review logs trying to ascertain why the crew died or how to make an antidote to the aging 'disease of the week'...

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CMO doesn't wear a red cross - McCoy and I think M'Benga had the Sciences emblem. Only Chapel wore the cross. And medical personnel typically wear tunics that differ from the regular uniforms. This one could be from Kelley's wardrobe, or a random item from the closet that produced the Finnegan uniform etc.

The "Apollo" sketch by Sternbach would have been dramatically less suited for "The Pegasus" than the tiny Oberth was. The bigger the ship, the less likely a mutiny could take place (just think how little the typical crewman aboard the E-D is even likely to know about what is going on elsewhere in the ship!), and the less likely the captain and his supporters could escape. And the cloak tests didn't call for a big ship anyway. A small one would offer better secrecy.

Of course, the Oberth wasn't ideal for the plot, either, since Riker and Pressman were supposed to flee on a shuttle. This is virtually the only time we hear there should be a shuttle aboard an Oberth (the MSD in "Hero Worship" notwithstanding).

I haven't figured out yet how to navigate eBay... Where are the other Sternbach sketches?

Timo Saloniemi

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Umm, try "Sternbach" in the search field....

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the list of items in "The Ultimate SF Auction". Ebay's navigation sucks.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Holy Crap! 7 pages...I think thaat link overdoes it a bit...if you just want Sternbach Star Trek sketches you just simply search "Sternbach" is the most basic search function and you immediately get something like 21 results (currently)...Im not sure where the bit about Ebays navigation is justified...

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps