Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pegasus ship concept? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pegasus ship concept?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, back to the point I was trying to make earlier, before we got off track, as this here seems to be a rather interesting tidbit for those of you design junkies:

Sternbach T'Pau concept (ca. 1992):
 -

Sabre Class (ca. 1997):
 -

Coincidence??

BTW, who designed the Sabre (Im not too up on my behind-the-scenes people)?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alex Jaeger designed all of the new ships seen in FC. He very well could have been influenced by Sternbach's sketch there, or it could be a pure coincidence. Stranger things have happened.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the T'Pau is backwords though. Assuming he copied the design of the nacelles from the TMP Vulcan Shuttle, the narrow end would be at the front. This would mean the narrow end of the body would be the front.

Here is an image of the T'Pau docked at DS9 in this 1992 CGI model. You can see it on the leftmost panels on a bottom pylon, and on the most right panels you can see it again (with one of them being a shot from the bottom).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
He's quite correct, y'know. It's just common etiquette not to screw up people's browser windows by posting huge wide images, or to screw up their sites by stealing their bandwidth.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Ahem, you might want to consider looking on this page and apologizing to Bernd then....(and I mean this in the nicest way possible) [Wink]
[Eek!]

[Embarrassed]

Jesus...how long did you search for that thing?

[EDIT]: I see no inline images on that page... [Cool] [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got enough smiley's there?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, he doesn't have the [Mad] or the [Roll Eyes] ones in there. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kyle: Thanks very much [Smile]
AndrewR: Sorry, won�t be at my home computer for a month [Frown]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
[Eek!]

[Embarrassed]

Jesus...how long did you search for that thing?

[EDIT]: I see no inline images on that page...
-MMoM [Big Grin]

Came across it by chance looking for that sabre pic I found above [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] ... and it seems you are only allowed 8 smilies per post...thats an odd limitation, especially on an emoticonional day

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember mentioning the similarities between the T'Pau concept and the Sabre on rec.arts.startrek.tech a few years ago. Neither Rick nor Michael responded [Frown] [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps