Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pegasus ship concept? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pegasus ship concept?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I got was six items total, which is why I decided I wasn't doing things right. That seven-page catalog seems to have all the goods, though...

Among the cooler things: finally, a good look at the "First Duty" training craft! And it would be nice to see the details of that "Galactic map" thing (which apparently shows the multi-pseudopodded UFP and the supposed Borg territory, and possibly gives labels for the alien empires that sit between the pseudopods).

Some of the costumes are must items for the truly interested and truly affluent. Some of the props are rather embarrassing. But what is that "Wrath of Khan disruptor" thing? It looks a bit like the Klingon pistols that were used in ST5 and early TNG, sans color - but not quite.

Timo Saloniemi

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOu might find Rick Sternbach's comments on the Pegasus interesting, from a topic on the TrekBBS.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
What I got was six items total, which is why I decided I wasn't doing things right. That seven-page catalog seems to have all the goods, though...

I dunno 'bout you .... currently there are 18 (as of 7:30am EST, however most end in the next 9 hrs)

Listed under this basic search... Sternbach

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope someone is keeping copy of all these pictures!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are so small....

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we could all pitch in and collectively buy these pictures and get one person to house them... Charles perhaps?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

One 8x10 scan is all we need...over breaking the pocketbook....

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny tidbit: the Bozeman did not have name/NCC decals on the nacelles. That is, if the severed aft end of a nacelle is representative of how the ship looked like when intact. Anybody want to purchase that piece of evidence? (I can't *believe* what sort of junk they consider worth bidding!)

(Unrelated tidbit: after rewatching "Night Terrors", I noticed further anomalies with our other favorite starship anachronism, the Br*ttain. Not only is the name spelled differently on the hull and the computer screens, but the registry on the screens is different from the one printed on the railing behind the captain's chair and the aft (tactical?) station. According to the railing, the ship apparently was NCC-2166.. Perhaps a more befitting registry? Sloppy work overall, from modelmakers and set decorators alike.)

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The label behind the Captain's Chair definately says "NCC-21166".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Timo
Member # 245

My eyes must be going. I paused the tape, I froze the screen, I watched it at different speeds, everything I could do when I couldn't grab the image itself. And the registry looked very, very four-digit to me, with just one narrow "1" there.

But I'm happy we don't have to accept yet another inconsistency. The name thing is bad enough. (And prominent enough. Damn you, Mike, for using such a big font on the screens!)

I just wonder if one of these auctions couldn't feature select pieces from Okuda's archives... Do they burn all the gels afterwards or what? There were those few E-D console tops, sure, but I was hoping for more.

Timo Saloniemi

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Actually...regarding the Sternbach items on eBay, couldnt someone, theoretically, use Photoshop or similar program and blow these pictures up from the auction page to a utilizable size without a sweat for our viewing pleasure?

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Just a quick follow up relavent to "Starships & Technology" looking at some of the completed Sternbach concept drawings, here are some of interest:

1) The Vulcan Suplus Ship (T'pau) from "Unification" ( a very Sabre/Mirandish look )
link

2) The Yridian Destroyer from "The Chase".
link

[ April 25, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple rules in the Flare handbook of posting images:

1. Images that are very wide should not be posted inline.

2. You should never, ever post inline images that aren't hosted on your own server or FlareUpload. This is bandwidth theft and frowned upon by most webmasters.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just realized that 3D model of the T'Pau has been used somewhere else. Anyone who has The Art of Star Trek might recognize it from the 3D CGI model of DS9 made from the beginning of the show, its on the first few pages of the DS9 section of the book.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
But I'm happy we don't have to accept yet another inconsistency. The name thing is bad enough. (And prominent enough. Damn you, Mike, for using such a big font on the screens!)

I think you mean, "Damn you, ILM, for giving the original Reliant model such big letters on the saucer". Or alternatively, "Damn you, Greg, for making such a silly mistake". After all, Mike was the one who spelt it correctly...

What I find especially ironic about the whole thing is that there's a really proper close up of the top of the saucer, and, in 7 years of TNG, I don't think we get a shot like that on any other ship (apart from the Ent-D at the very beginning).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps