Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pegasus ship concept? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pegasus ship concept?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Among the cooler things: finally, a good look at the "First Duty" training craft!

I'm tracing it for some nice colour schematics as we speak [Smile]
It would help if I had larger scans though, anyone fancy trying to scam the seller into providing some? [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has someone saved all these pics from EBAY? 'cause I can't find 'em.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny tidbit: the Bozeman did not have name/NCC decals on the nacelles. That is, if the severed aft end of a nacelle is representative of how the ship looked like when intact. Anybody want to purchase that piece of evidence? (I can't *believe* what sort of junk they consider worth bidding!)

DOn't know about that fragment, but you can see in this pic that the model did indeed have the registry on both the inboard and outboard faces of the nacelles.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many PADD's, so little cash.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
A couple rules in the Flare handbook of posting images:

1. Images that are very wide should not be posted inline.

2. You should never, ever post inline images that aren't hosted on your own server or FlareUpload. This is bandwidth theft and frowned upon by most webmasters.

Whatever gets you off at night...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Funny tidbit: the Bozeman did not have name/NCC decals on the nacelles. That is, if the severed aft end of a nacelle is representative of how the ship looked like when intact. Anybody want to purchase that piece of evidence? (I can't *believe* what sort of junk they consider worth bidding!)

DOn't know about that fragment, but you can see in this pic that the model did indeed have the registry on both the inboard and outboard faces of the nacelles.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Keep in mind that they didn't blow up that model. They probably just neded some of the usual debries IIRC, we didn't even see the Bozeman blowing up, so the scene may have been altered prior to filming or this one is part of another Miranda or similar vessel that has been bown up over the years (Saratoga anyone?) and Rick Sternbach just confused them (I guess it was him who told the guys at ebay what it is. If not and this information comes from ebay directly or someone lese, we shouldn't even think about it being right.)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Whatever gets you off at night...

Those are the rules. Please adhere to them. Thank you, good day. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's quite correct, y'know. It's just common etiquette not to screw up people's browser windows by posting huge wide images, or to screw up their sites by stealing their bandwidth.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure MinutiaeMan could vouch for bandwidth troubles... [Wink]

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The size was annoying, indeed, but the pictures were linked from ebay. I mean, OK, the rules say no linking of any picture, but it's not that ebay would care for these bandwidth issues. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, man..I thought I downloaded all the pics of the starships from Ebay, but I missed the nacelle-part from the Bozeman. Did one of you download it and would you be willing to post it here? It seems to have disappeared from Ebay, guess the bidding is over.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

-

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starship Freak - can you put the E-Bay pictures on Flare upload!?! And then link them here!

Thanks

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
He's quite correct, y'know. It's just common etiquette not to screw up people's browser windows by posting huge wide images, or to screw up their sites by stealing their bandwidth.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Ahem, you might want to consider looking on this page and apologizing to Bernd then....(and I mean this in the nicest way possible) [Wink]

Consider too, and I know this is besides the point, eBay profits from the 1st quarter of this year are $104.2 million, I dont think they mind some bandwidth "theft" because they don't really seem to care about much more than their own profit anyway.... [Big Grin]

Bare in mind, if you link to this site from another you get a nice little "surprise" and ebay is making over 100,000,000x more profit, thus far this year, than this site (or Bernds), then if they really cared then they would have put some "surprises" of their own into effect. [Big Grin]

So down with the man, man! [Cool]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Actually those pictures weren't on eBay, rather on the server of the seller.

And I don't think Bernd minds. Its one of the reasons for his site to exist and he's a regular poster.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps