Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Various displays (screenshots) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Various displays (screenshots)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching "Drone" (VGR) today and noticed a string of display screens that I decided to take some screenshots of:

Academy Flight Trainer
D-7 Battlecruiser
Defiant-class
D'Kora-class Marauder
DY-100 Sleeper Ship
Galaxy-class
Jem'Hadar Warship
K'Vort-class Bird-of-Prey
Long-Range Shuttle
Cardassian Military Freighter
Negh'Var Warship
Orbital Office Complex
Phoenix Warp Ship
Romulan Bird-of-Prey
Romulan Warbird
Sovereign-class

As you can see, pretty much just familiar illustrations from the Encyclopedia and such, but there they are all the same. Note the use of the Peregrine/Federation fighter as the "Academy Flight Trainer," originally an error from the Encyclopedia, but perhaps suggesting that they are used in this capacity along with the design from "The First Duty" (TNG). In addition, the Defiant is referred to as a "battleship" (!) and there is an onscreen confirmation of the TOS Romulan vessel being called a "Bird-of-Prey."

Starship Freak requested that I post additional caps from "Sacrifice of Angels" (DS9) showing the other ships seen on the Defiant bridge station screens besides the Olympic. So here they are:

Dominion battleship
Intrepid-class
Klingon battlecruiser

Those are really the only ones clearly visible. There were a couple of others, but complete views were obstructed by people's heads.

Finally, I did a cap of the display from "Repression" (VGR) listing the name of Chakotay's Maquis Raider as Val Jean.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to note: the SoA Jem'Hadar ship is the upside-down version.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Where did they get the info on the Jem'Hadar ships from, BTW?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this also our first canon proof of the existence of K'Vort class Klingon BoPs in the regular universe?

Too bad the captionings are so unimaginative here. This would have been an excellent chance to give a proper name to, say, the Cardassian freighter design (even if it was a silly in-joke of a name)...

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the K'Vort issue, the answer is yes from a chronological perspective ("Drone" was the first instance) but no in terms of the "is this the only proof" question. There was another display in "Penumbra" (DS9) that designated the Koraga as K'Vort-class.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Interesting to note: the SoA Jem'Hadar ship is the upside-down version.

Nonsense, Bashir is standing on his head.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Maquis don't really seem to be the sort of organization to make everyone on the ship stand for class pictures, and then neatly save them in the ship's computer.

But the knowing the name of the ship is kind of cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It certainly has the shape of an Intrepid in that pic, but for all we know it could be a Yeager.

--------------------
Meh

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seam to recall some source claiming that the Maquis raider was called Zola. Am I imagining things, or is this just contradictory BTS info?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That source would be Jeri Taylor's "canonical" novels. So no major continuity problem there...

Canon now says "Ju'day class Val Jean", which I'm quite happy with. Of course, Chakotay (or perhaps Eddington, if he was the chief starship purchaser of the Maquis) must be the originator of that name, and may have renamed the ship more than once. Ju'day sounds like an alien name (don't tell Penny), so the proper name of the ship may have been originally alien, too.

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, see, the Fact Files always called it the S.S. Zola, but there was never any onscreen reference for this. I've seen repeated claims that an early draft of the script for "Parallax" contained one, but this has never been substantiated, and the aired episode yields no clue. (All the sources I've seen claiming this basically seem to take the attitude "the Fact Files don't just make stuff up, so it must have come from somewhere" and then just cite the oft-repeated "Parallax" reference.)

In any case, the "Repression" display is (AFAIK, please correct me anybody if you know otherwise) the only onscreen reference to the name of the vessel. Of course, if you believe Pathways is canonical then there's a contradiction with that book stating the ship was the Antares-class Liberty. But let's not go there...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Here's a cool one that I found. I'll try to follow up and see if there's anything more to be gleaned (the screen scrolls) in the next couple of days.

It's the oft-mentioned science station display from the Enterprise-B in Star Trek: Generations. It's actually legible on the SCE DVD:

quote:
VEHICLE ID:
S.S. ROBERT FOX
REG NUMBER: NFT-1327
REGISTRY: EL-AURIAN
VEH CLASS: WHORFIN
FLT START: (XXXX.X)
DESTINATION: SOL III
MANIFEST:
(XXX) PASSENGERS
(XX CREW)

The last two figures should add up to 265 in accordance with the dialogue. As I said, the screen scrolls and gives more information, and probably the Lakul's info as well. I'll have to take some screenshots of my own to get the rest, though.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monkey of Mim

Do you have the Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion? If so, you will find the stardate for flight start for both ships.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an Okudagram of a phaser rifle in "Bliss" I'd like to get my hands on. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I'll keep an eye out for it as I go through VGR Season 5.

Any other requests?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps