Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Various displays (screenshots) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Various displays (screenshots)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMOM, that there is an incredible rescource.
Many thanks for the linkage- I'll have to hunt for the second intro later tonight.

Cartman- Wow. Really great shots: I did not know the coffin thingie extended behind the upper impulse plant like that- it means Gislo's specs are a bit off.
I already built a Jemmie Battlecruiser (sorry for the confusion, MMOM), but by my current standards, it sucks really hard.
Same reason I cant keep too much of my artwork on file- I'm always temped to go back into a piece...
You have this problem of not letting go, Aban?

Off topic-
Anyone got any wild ideas for Defiant prototypes? I have two extra Defiant main hulls that need nacelles, a "nose (or not) and something to set them apart as unique designs....none of the Defiant conceptual art really stands out in this respect.
The whole Defiant model itself is sort of a comission build (the manufacturer sent me a few models to build as demos) that I'll post pics of when it's finished- complete with open shuttlebay and shuttle no less!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, TSN is right. It's an in-joke referring to M*A*S*H. Though, I guess we could rationalize that it's the Starfleet designation for the Koraga. If Klingons have registries for their ships, you can bet they're not alpha-numeric.

Jason: Every once in a while, I don't want to stop working on a piece, by usually I know when it's "finished". However, I generally can't stand looking at things more than a couple of years old because I invariably begin a spiral of thinking how worthless and crappy I am and was, and how I'm kidding myself by continuing to charge people money for my work. There are a couple of exceptions. Pieces that I continue to think were a worthwhile use of my time. I keep those around.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I never feel bad about charging: my work is better than alot of stuff I see getting billed at a much higher rate (hell, look at the god-awful shit on the Star Trek: SCE covers sometime).
I just cant keep much of my work around my place.
An old girlfriend once hung up a bunch of my sketches to decorate (she was being supportive) and it drove me nuts.

Even my old models occasionally get the Easy-Off treatment for re-painting.

All four of my Defiants and my Enterprise E just got re-built that way.
Man, they look amazing now, but they sucked so very very hard before.

I'll post before and after shots for kicks.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
Well, MMoM, apart from the obvious, every ship in every episode ;-) I would apprateciate a shot of the lunar module model hanging in the car in 11:59

Just got around to the episode today.
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/646/1159_apollo_model.jpg
-MMoM [Big Grin]

That's almost certainly the hallmark ornament from a few years back- my sister has it on her tree every year.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anyway, a cap of the V-wing would be greatly appreciated."

You may show your appreciation in either natura or pecunia.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jason, a better solution to paint removal on models is Castrol Super Clean. Dunk your model in the stuff overnight and most paint comes right off without brushing. And no toxic fumes!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've heard that as well but not tried it yet.
Easy-Off is great because the cleaner comes off wth soap nad water and leaves no residue (which would affect the new paint/primer).

I'll give Castrol a try though- thankfully, I'm out of models in need of a repaint.... for now! [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSC pretty much just rinses off the plastic. I probably should wash my models in soap and water afterwards, but I never do... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Piccys?

I NEEDS TEH PICCYS!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Pics? Of my models? I only deal with 1/24 & 1/25 scale cars.... But there's some pics here.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey does anybody know which episodes have good shots of the following?

• NX-01 Dedication Plaque
  • Voyager Bridge MSD
  • Defiant (NX-74205) MSD
(By "good," I mean without a bunch of people in the way, although closeups where someone is pointing at it are okay too.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Pics? Of my models? I only deal with 1/24 & 1/25 scale cars.... But there's some pics here.

Nice.
You ever use Future Floor Wax?
It makes the windshields look exactly like glass.
Good shit.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'll have to give it a try.

--------------------

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to soak the clear parts in it, then shake it off and remove any deposits on the edges carefully with tissue paper.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A cool trick is to add a drop of food coloring to the wax and it will tint your windows.
A nice effect if you want the greenish cast of glass on older trucks or if you want a subtle grey tint.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps