Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Various displays (screenshots) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Various displays (screenshots)
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMoM, did you do screen caps of Message in a Bottle?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, MMoM, apart from the obvious, every ship in every episode ;-) I would apprateciate a shot of the lunar module model hanging in the car in 11:59

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You expect him to sit through that episode? Well... at least it's only the first little bit.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just have him put it on mute and that should help.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw 11:59. Was it that bad?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sucked. It had no redeeming features whatosever. At least with "Threshold" you could come out of it saying "Dude! Janeway and Paris turned into these hyperwarp amphibians, and they did it, and totally had kids! I'd like to see how they handled THAT during his next performance review!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... also, I'm pretty sure that there are no plans to build a mile wide super-structure in the farm belt any time soon. Placing such a supposedly monmumental event in the then-so-near future was pretty stupid.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Placing it in US Midwest was just for the benefit of the audience. In reality, Millennium Towers or comparable structures were erected all over our planet in the then-so-near future, either as actual millennium celebration mcguffins, or then as megalomaniac corporate headquarters. Had there been a little less recession and a little more (and thicker-walled) bubbles on the stock market, monument-building could even have become the trend of the 2000s.

Besides, the US Midwest that was building the Tower was already paying taxes for a space program a zillion times more advanced than the one funded by the US Midwest that was watching the episodes... One has to scale down the relative significance of the Tower investment a bit when one remembers that it would only be two years until the launch of a highly capable interstellar probe, nine years until a manned Saturn mission, and four years SINCE the last use of a manned interplanetary vessel capable of interstellar transit! (Granted, we don't know if DY-100 or even Nomad were US programs, but the Saturn mission certainly appeared to be.)

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reviewed the GEN scene and, unfortunately, it appears that the screen just has the Robert Fox's info looping, nothing on the Lakul. (Which means that the graphic giving the Lakul's info, similar but with some different values according to the TNG Companion, was not shown onscreen.)

After consulting the Companion as advised for the flight start stardate, the complete text of the graphic is as follows:
quote:
VEHICLE ID:
S.S. ROBERT FOX
REG NUMBER: NFT-1327
REGISTRY: EL-AURIAN
VEH CLASS: WHORFIN
FLT START: 9683.7
DESTINATION: SOL III
MANIFEST:
248 PASSENGERS
17 CREW

PROPULSION:
YPS PULSE FUSION
MAX RATED SPEED:
WARP FACTOR 4

Additional caps: 1 2 3

BTW, as for the Lakul, the Companion says its registry was NFT-7793 and its flight start was 9683.3. Presumably, the passenger and crew manifest figures would be different as well, since Scotty said she only had 150 people aboard. (Surprisingly, the Companion misquoted the Robert Fox's complement as 267 instead of 265, but the screencaps show that the display itself was not in error, and I therefore assume this was simply a typo in the book.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

This scene is the best that actress has ever looked. It must be the uniform, but I almost find her attractive.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reexamining the first of my caps, I see that the display did have a section for the Lakul, but for which only the last few lines were seen. Those passenger/crew manifest figures are different from those of the Robert Fox. Listed are 138 passengers and 12 crew, totalling the 150 Scotty mentioned. Too bad we still can't see the registry...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This scene is the best that actress has ever looked. It must be the uniform, but I almost find her attractive."

I like how they gave her a hairstyle reminiscent of the time when the other movies set in that era were made.

Unless that was unintentional, in which case, yikes.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Wasn't she in Alien? I'm pretty sure she always has a fairly curly mop.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but she had quite short hair in Aliens. She was also John Connors' foster-mother in Terminator 2: Judgement Day - she skewered Xander Berkeley through a milk carton - where she also had a bit of a curly mop. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

That's what I'm thinking of.

Wolfie's fine honey. He's just fine.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps