Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at Utopia Planitia (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ships at Utopia Planitia
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's the 42111?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh, it's one of those oft-reused ships, such as in "A Time to Stand"?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NCC-42111 was seen during the Dominion War.

Maybe the Excelsior CGI Model still has the number NCC-42111 on it, and they haven't changed it since then

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started this thread saying that. But the registry in the photo from the mag looked like it only had 4 numbers iirc.

The pic worked this time. It's a very nice image, I'd like to use it on my site, but that caption is a distraction.

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, in the mag it looks a lot more like 4281 or 4821.. which, of course, would make it a VERY old Excelsior.

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Perhaps... uhh... it's just getting repaired?

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second number seems odd. It appears as if a 1 has been attached to it. The registry looks like NCC-42181

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the rason it looks like only four numbers is that the three ones take up a lot less space than any three other numbers. Of course, it also may not be 42111. I just think it looked like it when I ran it through the "Sharpen" filter in Photoshop...

------------------
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."
-Pink Floyd, "Brain Damage"

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they were doing something to the hull and the 5th number has not been painted on yet?

------------------
"If you're at a a concert and somebody steps on your foot, let it slide. Its not worth getting 20 years because somebody smuged your puma."-Chris Rock

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like either 4281 or 42111. Anyone know anyone at Foundation Imaging?

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first two and the last digit are obvious. The space in between seems to contain only one digit (most likely "8" or maybe "0") at the first glance. On the other hand, when I move my eyes, I suddenly see "11" instead. There is one clear argument pro "11": The digits 2 through 9 have the same width in the hull font, but the 3rd digit, if there are only 4 altogether, seems to be narrower. So this space is more likely filled with "11", since this combination could be still narrower than one of the wide digits.

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a screencap from "A Time to Stand" with the NCC-42111 as a reference (width of digits).
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I take it we have a new Excelsior-class ship to add to ours list (for those of us who keep one)? Just need to settle on a registry for it.

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, this is why I don't record every starship It must be a headache.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's fun. 8)

The main problem is getting your initial list started. Tim very kindly gave me a copy of his, and I've been keeping it updated quite nicely ever since. At least once or twice a season, someone will start a 'new ships so far' thread, and you'll be able to check the ones you've missed. But with only Voyager on now, there may not be very many. . . 8(

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps