Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at Utopia Planitia (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ships at Utopia Planitia
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the pic again and again, I'm sure it's 42111 and therefore no new ship.
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a distance, the last three digits look like '111.' But when you zoom and enhance, the middle digit looks lessand less like a '1,' making it 'xx011.' But I'm not at all convinced that the first digits are '42.'
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a great list in TXT format on my computer. It includes almost every known Starfleet vessel. But it can be fun, always looking and listening for new ships and classes. Especially when they show a new ship class.

Hobbes

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updating a starship list can be a fun past time. I started years ago using Chreighton's list as a base and expanded from there, eventually branching out to all known ships of the various alien races.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updating a starship list can be a fun past time. I started years ago using Chreighton's list as a base and expanded from there, eventually branching out to all known ships of the various alien races.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I once made a database of all the starships. One day I needed to format my hard drive and forgot to backup the file. Luckily, I had previously printed out the list. By now it would be quite out of date, though. Obtaining the correct registrations is definately the hardest. I do sympathize, guys.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, lists are great fun, though I fear the desire to create them says something about my state of mind.

------------------
"Something I can't comprehend. Something so complex and couched in its equation. So dense that light cannot escape from."
--
Soul Coughing

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have my starship list. All 300+ Fed ships on it. Just have it tucked away in a nice Excel file, really small in size. Yest it includes names, classes, registries, commanding officer, status, and episodes.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only had a had-written, hard-to-update list of ships, until I created my online version. I actually never thought of another, more convenient format (such as Excel) since.
The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excel is essential. Then you can sort it by name, class, registry - whatever's needed at the time.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note pad all the way! It's small file size and easy to edit! Go note pad!

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

The First One
Member # 35

Remind me to use my Admin privileges to change your name to Luddite. Excel is equally easy to edit, and separate fields help make info more easily viewable.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excel is evil! (Because it's a Microsoft product.)

------------------
Frank's Home Page, which you've never seen before and want to visit right now

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have two lists...one on Notepad and one in a spreadsheet. The first is just for recording new ships as I learn of them, and the second lets me organize them in nifty ways.

------------------
"Something I can't comprehend. Something so complex and couched in its equation. So dense that light cannot escape from."
--
Soul Coughing

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Who is Luddite?
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps