Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at Utopia Planitia (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ships at Utopia Planitia
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think it might be the 42111. Although, if that's the name right above the registry, it doesn't really look long enough to say "USS FREDERICKSON". Has anyone seen if Sternabch knows anything about this? *goes to post it in Sternbach's newsgroup*

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another scan that seems to confirm the NCC-42111. http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/temp/excel_reg.jpg

Thanks to Dave!

Welcome pIn'a' Sov!

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno...that sure looks like an 8.

42"11"1
The two "11"'s look nothing like the final 1. I'm willing to wager some ritz-bits that it's not two 11's.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 28, 2000).]

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The space between the first two 1's is different than the space between the second and third. Looks like either 4201 or 4281 to me.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear in mind that there is a line on the hull running right through that number/those numbers. If it is "11", this line would cause the space between them to appear smaller in such a blurry picture.

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Berndt, Could you answer my question, where does one see the possible sphinx workpod in the utopia planitia screenshots?
(Or anyone else, I�m a curious kind a guy..)

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll I'd go a 4201 because eights are generally wider than zeros...

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim, did I thankyou for posting those pictures back in August!?!

Thankyou.

heh heh

Andrew

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Bernd back on the second page. I have the hull font installed on my computer here and I typed out all the variations you guys have been talking about.

The only number that varies in width in this font is the 1. The mysterious number is not wide enough to be anything but two 1's side by side. It's not wide enough to be an 8 or a 3 since they'd both be the same size as the 2 and the 4 next to it.

Plus, there's a little corner on the upper left hand side of what I'll call the first 1. Granted, to look better, these 3 1's should have been spaced out a little better, but I still think it's 3 1's

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited January 31, 2000).]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps