Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at Utopia Planitia (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ships at Utopia Planitia
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what the name of it is too.

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2nd digit looks like a 3....but doesn't the 3rd digit, which looks like a 0, look a tad bit too thing compared to the other numbers?

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::Wonders what he started::

So we got 4201 or 4281? Although I have to agree with Matt, the second number looks like a 3. NCC-4301 possibly.

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also looks to me like NCC-4301, but the number is printed so small that it might be distorted.

------------------
Frank's Home Page, which you've never seen before and want to visit right now

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well - before I scrolled down - I though NCC-4301

Andrew

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I'm pretty sure it's 42, but 43 is a possibility.

Granted, what's between the 2/3 and the 1 looks like one digit, it does seem too skinny. It could be one digit distorted, or it could be two 1's distorted. Tough call...

------------------
"Maybe they're trying to breed them..."
-guy in my math class, suggesting a reason for there being two overhead projectors in the classroom

Hobbes
Member # 138

Very tough call. The blown up image looks like 4301. But the image from The Magazine looks like 4201. Maybe we should just flip a coin and get it over with.

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see it as 43181 or 4281, depending on how I look at it.

------------------
"Now that I have found someone
I'm feeling more alone
Than I ever have ... before"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is 4xxx the ship would be horribly old (and very lucky not to have been destroyed/decommissioned). 4xxxx would be far more fitting considering the registries of the other existing Excelsiors.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Repluse (NCC-2544) was still in service in season 2 of TNG, and the USS Roosevelt (NCC-2573) was at Wolf 359.

------------------
Frank's Home Page - free pencil with every visit!

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough, Frank
*Don't ask why this has been edited*

[This message has been edited by Dax (edited September 05, 1999).]

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it unlikely that we are dealing with a four-digit number. Reason: the second digit looks a bit thicker than the rest, leading me to believe that it's actually 21 or 31 (the other two are likely 01). Reason #2 - we've seen 4xxxx registries in Excelsiors before, and I doubt that the Foundation folks would want to break a pattern just like that or bother to compress the numbers, as opposed to simply changing the last couple of digits from existing computer models.

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they just haven't painted on the 5th number yet.

------------------
A-"Dippidy Doo." Q-"What forms on your dippity early in the morning?"--Johnny Carson

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there everyone, I�m new here so this is my first question. Someone mentioned seeing something that resembled the sphinx worksled from st:tng tech manual in the pics from utopia planitia fleetyards. Since I�m from Sweden and no tv network shows star trek here, I�m wondering if anyone has a picture of that screenshot showing the possible sphinx worksled?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I just had a look at the registry on the excelsior class ship and i believe it has 4 digits like NCC-4381.
What do you guts think?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps