Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 22)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Seems to fit.
 -

Masao, I think that you are absolutely correct and I stand corrected.

"Zephram Cochrane - First Faster Than Light" [Wink]

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only tough part is the ship. You can get clearer pictures of it at Bernd's site and elsewhere. My museum logo is fairly accurate for the arch of the flame.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WIP

-

Indeed, the light and shadow is going to be very tricky.

So far I've used a series of brushes to do the clouds as a rasta layer, that will have to do unless I find an effective way to do them as vectors.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming that line to the left of the ship is the contrail coming round the planet, then I'd bet it comes up behind the circular logo,then turns sharply down in front of it. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well spotted that man.
I do have the book in question so I can refer to that if necessary, but like Masao I'm reluctant to crack the spine for a complete scan.

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, I can not wait to see your final design on the Phoenix Patch. I bet that it will be a welcome site to see. All of your artwork is truly breathtaking and inspiring.

Cheers,

Sarvek [Wink]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
WIP

-

Indeed, the light and shadow is going to be very tricky.

So far I've used a series of brushes to do the clouds as a rasta layer, that will have to do unless I find an effective way to do them as vectors.

This could be the patch for the drydock pods [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it seem odd to anyone else that the Phoenix would even have such a patch, considering it was not launched under the auspices of any organization but was simply cobbled together by Cochrane and his cohorts? The painted logo from the Encyclopedia (posted a page or two back) wouls be logical, like the way WWII pilots used to pain their bombers, but an official patch in the same style that later ships would have?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
And btw, which is the correct spelling of Cochrane's first name? I've seen it in offcial text as both "Zephram" and "Zefram." [Confused]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah but now I see there was indeed a patch for the Phoenix crew, but it seems to be different from Eaves' sketch...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

UPDATE
 -
 -

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

MORE UPDATE

-
 -

--------------------

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some great work Reverend. Very nice. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Odysious

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: the Phoenix project: We don't really have any idea when or under what circumstances the ship was designed. Considering the unlikelyhood of some people building a faster-than-light drive and a spacecraft to put it in from scratch in the wilds of Montana with no support whatsoever, I personally enjoy thinking that the project was already fairly far along by the time the war started. So, uh, it could have a patch, is what I'm saying.
Sarvek
Member # 910

Great work Reverend. I can not wait to see more.

Sol System, you are probably correct in that. Basically, the Phoenix was the road to peace for the world. They might have been working on it secretly in Montana at the time.

Zefram Cochrane is the correct name on the patch, on the peuter sculpture, and the poster "To Boldly Go".

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps