Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 11)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit fat for a Mako shark, isn't it? Saying that, I can't draw for toffee so fair play to the guy for even getting that far.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as we can tell, the shark is pretty much the same dimensions with regard to the rest of the patch. Which is more than can be said for the MACO lettering, which is too small. Compare it with the main image on my MACO page.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One obese shark coming right up!

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if you've done them yet, but there are a few different United Earth emblems too.

There's the current UN logo, also used in Masao's mid-22nd century.

There's the early TOS version: a blue americentric Earth and gold olive branches, with blue lettering. (note: there's also the plain black version, used on Class-B uniforms and office supplies).

And then there's the green TUC emblem with the white star.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
As far as we can tell, the shark is pretty much the same dimensions with regard to the rest of the patch. Which is more than can be said for the MACO lettering, which is too small. Compare it with the main image on my MACO page.

No, I meant it was rather tubby for a Mako shark, not relative to the patch. Mako's are ocean going sharks, streamlined for crossing huge distances and catching prey at speeds. They're from a group known as the mackerel sharks, all superbly adapted for sea-going life. I suppose the Long-finned variety can get a little portly, but the one on the patch appears to have eaten all the pies, as we say over here.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I see. I guess they just wanted a generic shark look, something mean-looking. Could have been worse, they could have used a hammerhead, and the mere thought of THAT triggered SeaQuest flashbacks. . . *shudder*

Fucking hell, Kris, that was fast! And it's very nice too. I like your style and was looking forward to what kind of a polish you'd put on it. 8)

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Sound Effect for the Episilon Patch it looks really cool. Reverend, I do not know if I have seen your version. [Big Grin]

Thank you Lee and Reverend for the MACO Patches they are totally awesome. [Big Grin]

I still have some pics of the NX Project logo if you want to see those I could email them to you Reverend. [Wink]

Cheers,

Sarvek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mentioned before... about any other emblems/logos...

Obsidian Order (which is really cool - looks like an obsidian dagger) and the Tal Shi'ar (which isn't so great... maybe a new Tal Shi'ar logo could... oh don't bother - there IS no more Tal Shi'ar! [Smile]

What about a Klingon Intelligence logo?

Do we see any Andorian patches in Enterprise?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work Reverend. [Wink] I really like your Terran symbols. What are you going to do next?

Cheers,

Sarvek

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going blind looking at the screencaps, I think I see the lighter color at the left rim (our left) of the shark's body, on the right part of the head, and on the fin to the right.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well guys, here's the website for ya. It's not officially available yet, but since the logos are all up, feel free to take a look. (I mainly have to write new descriptive text and so forth. It'll be finished in the next day or two, probably.)

http://www.st-minutiae.com/academy/anthropology114A/index.xhtml

(I've still got to add the latest ones, though! [Wink] )

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

Nice. Since Kris has provioded some of the logos on my site, I've added a link to the new page on my credits page; not uploaded yet however.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, Thumbnails would be helpful! [Smile]

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masao, pester Kris for those. I've tried making thumbnails out of those images, but the shadows and gradients make it hard to remove the background without lopping out part of the actual logo. [Wink]

Kris is already working on thumbnails, but it'll probably be a little while before they're up. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps