Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution-Class Development Patch (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Constitution-Class Development Patch
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
Perhaps they are designed afterwards, so the designers can sew it to their jackets in a kind of "look at me - I designed the Constitution's toilets" type gesture. [Smile] [/QB]

I designed the Constitution's toilet and all I got was this lousy patch.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really very, very sorry

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw the title to your latest project, I thought you might have done a patch with the US Navy ship U.S.S. Constitution. As I wandered my eye over the patch, I was disappointed. I think, in my opinion, that a patch with this very famous ship would be far more interesting than yet another picture of a Connie with a planetary background.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But these are Sci-Fi Forums, and not Navy forums. Or am I missing something?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:

Screamin' funny!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Perhaps they are designed afterwards, so the designers can sew it to their jackets in a kind of "look at me - I designed the Constitution's toilets" type gesture. [Smile]
Uh, there is no canon reference source stating that the Constitution Class in fact had toilets, nor were they shown on screen. [Razz]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
quote:
Perhaps they are designed afterwards, so the designers can sew it to their jackets in a kind of "look at me - I designed the Constitution's toilets" type gesture. [Smile]
Uh, there is no canon reference source stating that the Constitution Class in fact had toilets, nor were they shown on screen. [Razz]
Crew members eat and drink. That's enought canon reference for me. [Smile]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So Spock's little viewer looks into the ship's septic tank?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
Crew members eat and drink. That's enought canon reference for me. [Smile]

except that it has been canonically established that they actually go where no man has gone before

whew.. i gotta be careful handling that joke, its an antique

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:
Originally posted by newark:
When I saw the title to your latest project, I thought you might have done a patch with the US Navy ship U.S.S. Constitution. As I wandered my eye over the patch, I was disappointed. I think, in my opinion, that a patch with this very famous ship would be far more interesting than yet another picture of a Connie with a planetary background.

Not sure why you're so disappointed and can't at least congratulate the work done. I've not exactly seen a plethora of "Connie" patches before. My only "disappointment" is that it's not of what *I* consider to be the original configuration for the class (as seen in "The Cage"), but that's minor compared to acknowledging the effort that went in to the patch......
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
touch�

quote:
That's great, Rev. I'm actually working on a Connie article for the Starfleet Museum and need to make a Connie development patch.
What luck!

quote:
A few nits:
1. I agree that you should have the pilot version. The notion that Constitution herself would have no spikes and the new bridge 20 years before Enterprise doesn't make sense.

As I said earlier, it's just a pach that was probably based off of the final computer model schematics before NCC-1700 was constructed so it would not exactly represent the appearance of the final configuration of the U.S.S. Constitution.

In theory of course the Constitution could have had the different bridge module and bussard spikes, but those are minor design variations that might not have manifested themselves until the prototype was nearing completion.
Plus I think the spikes look a little unsightly. [Wink]

quote:
2. The lower disc mound looks a bit funky, especially at the left. You also have that bright underside of the disc edge over there contrasting with the very dark mound. The bright part of the mound also disappears against the front edge of the disc.
I think that I've now corrected all of those points.

quote:
3. Should a development patch be hexagonal?
Beats me, we have no precident to go by.
The only cannon development logo is the Galaxy's and that was triangular.
I don't think it really matters much, at least not in the TOS era.

quote:
4. The most important text ("Connie class development project") is the smallest on the patch. Did you try spreading that across the top three sides?
Yeah I did, it looks unbalanced and not very tidy.

UPDATE

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we need one for the Intrepid Class Emergancy Holographic Toilet Seat.

"Please state the nature of the sanitary emergancy... Oh no! NO! NOT THE KLINGON AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

BTW all these patches are very cool. Ya'll do great work. [Wink]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
[QB]
quote:
touch�

Would you use yellow toilet paper in a public bathroom?
I hope not.
[Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps