Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Who or what are the Tzekethi? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Who or what are the Tzekethi?
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
there was also a rumor going around that they were originally supposed to be referred to as the Kzinti, a race from TAS, but possibly for legal reasons it didn't turn out that way. I don't know the source of this rumor or if it is even valid.
Well, as "Tzenkethi" is almost an anagram of "The Kzinti", I think that rumour is true.

quote:
I for one would think it would be cool to use them straight up as Kzinti in Trek
At least their homeplanet Kzin was used on the starmap in TNG Conspiracy.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the feline diaspora idea quite a bit. Still, it would be a shame to waste an unseen species on a known physical appearance, if you get my drift. The Tzenkethi could be birdlike. Or a race of spacegoing serpents. Or Pigs in Space. Or slithering spatial jellyfish with flagellae that crackle with electricity. Or Brains in a Jar.

It would be equally disappointing to learn that the Tzenkethi are bumpy forehead people, though.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My image of the Tzenkethi has always been kind of like a cross between Cardassians and Kazon,
with the simpler dressing and rustic culture of the Ba'ku and a very good and sophisticated navy tech level.

Their main "weakness" has been that they've been relatively small-scale,
instead of a big fleet of average ships they've got a medium patrol flotilla of outstanding, sleek monitors.
Lethally effective in skirmishes but vulnerable during big fleet bombardments.

I imagine they're slightly xenophobic but in the Hobbit fashion, "Trade with outsiders but don't invite them for tea".
Not the romulan "If you're not with us you're against us! Romula Invictuuuus!! Alea Jacta Est, m*therfucker!!!" way.

Oh and the women are raving nymphos.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
My image of the Tzenkethi has always been kind of like a cross between Cardassians and Kazon,
with the simpler dressing and rustic culture of the Ba'ku and a very good and sophisticated navy tech level.

Hehe...Kazon...they always reminded me of Klingons who wore their hair in their equivelent of Afros... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... The crazy thing is that it's basically true!
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their hair looked very much like dreadlocks to me.
Rastafarian Klingons in the Delta Quadrant?

"Hey mon! Let's git the Voyager." [Big Grin]

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insectoid aliens!

(P.S. Please please please!)

(P.P.S. Please don't fill the ship with billions of wierd aliens with even wierder names like most novels seem to do.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kazon were always sorry-ass aliens.
Their final coffin nail showed them to have no technology of their own and having had stolen it from the (almost) equally lame-ass Trabe.
Voyager definitely improved after those losers were outta the picture.

I second the idea of Insectoid aliens (Jarada please!) or mabye finally seeing the Shelliak....

That idea od sentient Jelyfish like creatures would be the best though: there's no need for all the aliens to be biped humanoids with minor cosmetic changes anymore with today's CGI effects.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally he was supposed to be Nick Lacarno.)
You sure about that? Because most "origin of Voyager" tales usually say that the casting powers that be liked MacNeil, but didn't want him to be Locarno again.

quote:
or mabye finally seeing the Shelliak....
Again?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do ya mean "again"?
We saw a bulgy figure i robes with an odd head or helmet in an poorly lit bridge od a re-used starship model.
Not exactly a memorable appearance to be sure.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheliak image

That's a pretty clear shot as far as I'm concerned. I suppose you could think that it was wearing robes, or a helmet, but my impression was that it was just a big lumpy alien. Not much to see.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You sure about that? Because most "origin of Voyager" tales usually say that the casting powers that be liked MacNeil, but didn't want him to be Locarno again.
That doesn't make any sense.
Paris and Locarno are virtually identical characters, the only difference being that Tom killed two Officers while Nick "only" killed one Cadet.
That and Tom developed a chip on his shoulder and fell in with a bad crowd...which may or may not have happened to Locarno, we simply don't know.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So Nick "only" killed one Cadet and was drummed out of Starfleet, never to be heard from again while Tom killed two and became a Leutenant on a famous starship with a bueatiful wife and a future career as a famous writer....

So much for Karma.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Sheliak use the First Federation trick - and that lumpy thing is a decoy/doll?
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
just because its the popular consesus among fans, i would leave the Tzenkethi as related to the Kzinti: that is felinoid, once waged war with the Federation (or Terrans, depending on chronology issues) in the 22nd century and are now kept docile by forcible disarmament.. many other sources have used the explanation of a shattered kingdom to explain the Kzinti dismemberment/renaming.. that is, now that the former Kzin political entity is gone, they have new names, the K'zin, the M'dok, the Tzenketh, the Lyrans (or was it Hydrans?) or what have you.

The Lyrans and Hydrans were BOTH distinct races from the Kzinti, though I believe both were felinoid (I KNOW the Lyrans were).

The Kzinti appeared AS Kzinti in SFB until very recently, when they were renamed the Mirak, probably because of the royalty issue.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps