Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Who or what are the Tzekethi? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Who or what are the Tzekethi?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he was suggesting that Sulu and Chekov were gay, but that a woman was artificially inseminated w/ Sulu's "seed" in order to produce his daughter.
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it. [Smile] The logical explanation for Demora is that she must be the love child of Chekov and Sulu, since Sulu didn't express any romantic interest in any guest star during the entire run of the TOS, TAS, or Treks 1-6.

I thought that I would share my knowledge and interest of animal husbandry and genetics, and try to present a plausible explantion for how Demora popped up at the beginning of Generations. [Smile]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was more a joke for anyone taht's met George Taki.
My sister met him and they talked for about half an hour (I had to work!) and she's convinced that he prefers men.
REALLY prefers men in fact.

It does'nt bother me, I'm cool with his character being gay too: he really didint ever have a girlfriend on the show did he?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Triton
Member # 1043

Hikaru Sulu is one of my favorite characters in all of Star Trek, and I have always found it a treat to see George Takei play other characters in movies and on television or the times when I recognize his voice in the narration of a documentary.

My participation in the character's sexual orientation thread was just a joke too. [Smile] I don't believe that Sulu or Chekov are homosexuals. [Smile] Nor do I disapprove of homosexuals. Some of my closest friends are in same-sex relationships. [Smile]

Mr. Takei seems like a very eloquent,educated, intelligent, and thoughtful person when he grants interviews, and I just haven't got around to reading his autobiography To The Stars, but would like to soon.

I think that it's a real pity that the fans have not been able to convince Paramount that the fourth or fifth Star Trek{/i] series should have centered on the adventures of Captain Sulu and the crew of the [i]U.S.S. Excelsior. I think that its been a real loss to fans, and a missed opportunity to tell the story of the events of the 78 years between Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country and TNG.

I fear that if there ever is a sixth series, Mr. Takei will be too old to handle the rigors of an action/adventure series.

Thankfully, Pocket Books has allowed stories about the adventures of Captain Sulu to be published in novel form, and I enjoy reading them.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree: If they had made a action packed Excelsior movie a year or two after TUC, I'd have been thrilled.
What books are your refering to with Sulu as a Captain?
I know of only "The Captain's daughter" witch while dramatic and with good charactizations (Harriman in particular) was sorely lacking in the plot department.
The "Captain's Table" book with Sulu and Kirk was pretty good as well, if not a strictly "Sulu" story.

Looks like much more will be done in the post-TUC era soon though as the series explaining the "Tomed Incident" starts this year and features the Enterprise B prominitely......mabye we'll see the Excelsior as well. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Triton
Member # 1043

Jason:

Are you familiar with Curt Dannhauser's Captain Sulu web site at
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~curtdan/Excelsior/SuluPages.cgi?FILE=Main

This site gives a pretty good write up and review of the published Captain Sulu books out there. Curt has also created a site for the New Frontier books by Peter David and The Animated Series.

You have also have probably seen PsiPhi.org, a site dedicated to Pocket Books. It describes a book coming out called The Sundered by Andy Mangels and Michael A. Martin that is supposed to be a story in which the Tholians. The site also have Guides for the forthcoming Lost Era series and the Starfleet Corps of Engineers series. The site also lists the books that give us the backstory of the TNG charcters up to the beginning of Star Trek: Nemesis.

The Book Database starts here http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/ .

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Pretty cool site.

As for the books: looks like everything's been pushed waaaay back for o good reason: starting with DS9:Unity. [Mad]

Disgusting that the worst Trek books (Genesis Wave) ever written are becoming their own series.
Nothing like John Vornholt making universe threatening crossovers every year untill Picard saving the quadrant is as predictable as a episode of GI Joe. [Roll Eyes]
Odd that Pocket Books are either amazing (like the DS9 books) or total shit without much middle ground.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the excerpts of upcoing books are useful in revealing how complete shit they are.. that Sundered thing is a piece of crap
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps