Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Who or what are the Tzekethi? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Who or what are the Tzekethi?
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!!!!! [Smile]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Grond!! Mortal enemies of the Ajir!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik is correct, for ten points. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that was the funniest 2 comics I ever saw. When Kirk surrenders the Excelsior to a ship that doesn't even have an iota of its power...when the guy breaks the universal translator & then is admonished for stealing Scotty's repair lines...when LT Naraht watches the Ajir eat the table & thinks, "Boy, I bet that tastes awfully good..."

And then the Grond show up & blast the Ajir ship to shit & they have to go through everything again...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Ahh, HERE's the image I've been looking for...

-

Mark

Oh...dear.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Fuck.
Toonses with phaser rifles. [Roll Eyes]

Intelligent cat-creatures are a terrible idea.
Cats developed the way they have due to environmental pressures: fur, claws tail for balance while hunting etc. simply because they were needed to survive.
If a planet really did develop a intelligent race from cats they would not still look like cats at all after millions of years of evolution and the easy life that a technologically advanced species would have.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's be fair here. Giant talking cats are a bad idea for aesthetic reasons, not scientific ones. If we're tossing out aliens because they're unworkable than we'll be left with zero hours of Star Trek to watch.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.
I was just pointing out that anything that evolved to an intelligent lifeform would not look like lower lifeforms from our isolated planet.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Triton
Member # 1043

OK, OK!!! I won't use the Tzenkethi, or any of their derivative races, remote descendants, offspring, or anything that is described as even remotely cat-like in my fan fiction project. [Smile]

Shame on me for starting the thread in the first place. [Smile]

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE PUSSIES OF WAR!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
 -

Mark

"When Berman and Braga said "more T&A" that wasn't the sorta "pussy" they were after!"

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The most pussy Sulu will ever see.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Demora's mother!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Artificial insemination: Sulu and Chekov were just a little too chummy for all those years for "just freinds". [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is rather late in the conversation to go back to the "rights" issue, but I recall there being talk that maybe, just maybe, the DS9 people were going to have to pay royalties to the bloke who wrote "Mirror, Mirror" (I have John Black in my head, although I'm 100% sure that's wrong), for use of the mirror universe. FOR SOME CRAZY REASON.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Triton
Member # 1043

Artificial insemination? I don't follow you Jason. Which one of these blokes had ovaries that needed to be fertilized without the sex act?

Are you talking about a child being created from two same sex partners and male pregnancy? To do that a woman would need to donate an egg and the chromosomes in this egg would need to be replaced with the chromosomes found in a sperm cell of one of the partners. This procedure would have to happen in a lab, and invitro fertilization techniques (test tube baby) would need to be used.

So I guess it would be Sulu who would to have the embryo transplanted into his body and carry it toterm. After nine months, baby Demora would be delivered by Caesarian section.

I know that your post was a joke. But the idea does not seem as far-fetched as it first appears, its a logical outcome of the genetic engineering, cloning and fertility research currently being performed, and I am really surprised that the idea hasn't shown up yet in a Trek episode. Although such appearance of this idea, like same sex marriages, would be met with some controversy.

By the way, artificial insemination or AI, is a way to cause pregnancy without having a male on hand. It is a technique commonly used on farms to breed cattle. I believe that it used on a limited basis to breed swine and horses.

Semen is collected from the male, it is placed in glass vials called ampules, and then placed into a tank of liquid nitrogen to slow the cells down and keep them alive. When pregnancy is desired, the semen is "thawed", then introduced into the female using a syringe-like device.

What makes it pretty cool is that children can be produced from a father years after he is dead, and it allows farmers and ranchers to create herds of animals with genetic diversity and eliminate inbreeding problems.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps