Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » 3-D and 2-D Star Maps (Page 14)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: 3-D and 2-D Star Maps
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also put Klaestron IV closer to DS9...

Odo got there quite quickly in "Dax" quicker than the time it took the Defiant to get to the Tzenkethi border - which you have in between. They are actually part of the Federation but have a number of ties with the Cardassians - so I'd put them right on the border.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also put the Argus array closer to Cardassian space. The Cardassians were using it covertly to spy on Federation facilities - even though it was a Federation installation. This occured across a number of parallel universes in "Parallels".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding Klaestron IV, there's no indication in the show itself that they would be part of the Federation.

Quite to the contrary, the episode "Dax" has them referring to "YOUR Federation". There's nothing "federal" about them: no legal ties to the UFP, no political or cultural sympathies whatsoever, and the only Fed known to have dealt with them at all was an Ambassador. Add to this their proximity to Bajor, even though UFP territory supposedly doesn't extend anywhere near Bajor.

The second mention of the place in "Second Skin" does nothing to add to the "fedness" of the folks - indeed, it seems the only way Federation medicine could learn about their new burn treatment techniques was to go and have a look, there being no common medical correspondence.

The Encyclopedia entry is simply completely in error about this (perhaps based on some early version of the "Dax" script, or then just the result of sheer confusion). The Star Charts unfortunately repeat the error. I deliberately didn't paint the place blue in the original; Geoff went and changed it without checking...

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is at least one legal tie. They have an extradition treaty with the Federation (but not with Bajor, and therein lies the plot), which is yet another pointer towards them not being in the UFP. I mean, the whole show is designed around a foreign entity coming to get Dax and then there is a legal battle over it. An internal matter ought to have had a whole different, you know, storytelling dynamic.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Timo:

The Encyclopedia entry is simply completely in error about this (perhaps based on some early version of the "Dax" script, or then just the result of sheer confusion). The Star Charts unfortunately repeat the error. I deliberately didn't paint the place blue in the original; Geoff went and changed it without checking...

Timo Saloniemi

Ahhh thanks Timo - I guess I'm just going by that encyclopaedia entry.

Well it still stands that it must be closer to Bajor than Tzenkethi space since it didn't really take Odo that long to get there and check things out.

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any thoughts on the Delta Quadrant locations? After I'm through with going through Voyager I'm going to look up each world around Bajor, and then try to make a map that reflects how things changed over time.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Bajoran_system I found this to be a most lacking page. "Bajor System" instead of "Bajoran System" and they're going to change it to the "B'hava'el System" later, because the star was mentioned with that name in a book? And it's only 50ly from Earth? That's crazy talk.

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.craigdannenberg.com/bajor/TrekMap.html All six legs of Voyager's route home I updated, and added the locations of several other Species/Empires.
jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shakaar: Myu memory of all the folks Voyager encountered is fuzzy, being years since I last saw the show (IE, when it ended!). How did Voyager ever meet anyone from Lyridia or especially Alastria way out there? The rest are pretty much along V's path home.
Shakaar
Member # 1782

Alastria only Harry Kim visited via the Sikarian trajector in the first season- It was said that their worlds were 40,000 ly distant, but both were in the Delta Quadrant.

Lyridia no one actually visited, it was among the species the Think Tank helped. Their placement was random, though the Think Tank had a great range as they were at Voyager's location at the end of season 5, and also recently cured the Vidiian phage. The Lyridians had the most detailed map of the galaxy.

Shakaar
Member # 1782

http://www.craigdannenberg.com/bajor/TrekMap.html I've completed the Delta Quadrant- Questions, comments, Suggestions?
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps