Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mark's Ultimate Trek Project (Page 12)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Mark's Ultimate Trek Project
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Absolution, named after a ship that used to appear on a Cartoon Network cartoon block called Toonami back when I was a wee lad.
Benjamin Peace
Member # 1939

- posted      Profile for Benjamin Peace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Beowulf.

Also, if you still need help with the phaser turrets take a look at the USS Britain in the beginning of TNG 'Night Terrors'.

--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." - Picard

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to this project? It was going to be the fan film to end all fan films until I posted my little "absolution" request and project suddenly went dead. I didn't think my suggestion was that bad. [Cool]
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh Brattain.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still happening. But given as it's essentially me as producer / director and one person as the animator, using a CG platform that generally isn't used for starships, it'll take a while. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STILL happening. As I said in the first post, it will likely take years. But at last, an update... Karl is now working on the Cube we'll be using. Link here:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Borg%20Cube/

We're going to re-render the first trailer with this and the Excelsior model previously seen, fixing various errors along the way. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good but needs those corners replaced!
Currently it looks a bit ....eroded.
I'm sure the various lights and such wil help it look more "alive" though.

Hmmm...do you plan on adding the green backlighting or just going with the studio model look?
Speaking of which, did they ever auction off the original Borg Cube model? I missed it if so.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

The cube has yet to be lit and properly "coloured" to its rusty bronze look. This latest update shows how the edges are maintained:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Borg%20Cube/?action=view¤t=borg5.jpg

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely nice!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Karl's re-done the cube again to match the new techniques he keeps discovering. I think we're close to signing off on this one:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Borg%20Cube/?action=view¤t=borg10.jpg

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Huh. I liked it better before- those big metal plates were not on the model and would have to be hundreds of meters across.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

We're talking about that. But the big plates ARE on the original model in places, just obscured by additional pipes. We may have to remove them to be more accurate, but as it is we're scaling down the pipes so the cube won't betray its size:

http://employees.csbsju.edu/rsorensen/modelcitizen/trekships/borg/borgcube.jpg

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A question- qill your Springfield have a secondary hull thingie? The moreI look at the model, the more ceratin I am that piece was just added for the one photograph.
You should use Fructose's (remember him?) model as reference, methinks.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Barely remember Fruckie or his work... Is it still online somewhere?

Major revamp to the cibe based on suggestions from here and elsewhere... Click through the whole collection now:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Borg%20Cube/?action=view¤t=STW1176h.jpg

Mark

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ericksmodels.com/

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps