Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Heroes
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised I haven't seen any discussion of this show on here. We've got six episodes out so far. Is anyone besodes me watching?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed.
FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am! Very interesting so far. Even if it took me three episodes to work out that the stripper is the girl from "Final Destination".

Seriously though, I think it's very good - and it's nice to see a truly geeky character in the hero position for once! Is it just me, or could you see someone like Hiro posting on a forum like Flare? [Smile]

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like the first episode when they repeated the urban myth that humans only use 10% of their brains. Script-writers should know better by now, at least do some basic research. We do use all of our brains.
The CGI bits were impeccable, of course. Nice that they showed that hitman that'd been ripped in two, and the unedited trash-compacted hand of the cheerleader girl.
I just hope the show won't get too emo, between the flying-guy, the drugs-guy and Hiro.

Also, the overly-emotional narrator that spoonfeeds us the plot in the start of the eps, really underestimates the audience. "A man, who's more connected...than anyone...could ever have imagined...(slow-mo clip of smirking man with glasses)".
Yeah, we get it, you want us to think he's the bad guy for the first season, then after the end-season cliffhanger it turns out he had his eye on the ball all along and was just testing them, he's actually fighting an even bigger baddie and will need their help.

Bring it on!

[ November 01, 2006, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see there are other "Heroes" fans though I must admit the whole nuking of New York seems a little cliche.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hiro" actor Masi Oka is one of my favorite Asian actors, even if he hasn't been doing too much acting beyond bit parts. Before this, Masi is/was a graphic artist at ILM who's worked on a lot of top-list movies (Pirates II, WOTW, T3, the SW prequels...), and was one of the regular background characters on "Scrubs" for a few years too. The kicker is that he's genuinely Japanese (and sounds it!) whereas his hapless sidekick is a Chinese actor doing a pretty decent job with the language.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to watch Heroes, been looking forward to it, but what with class and work I haven't watched any tv at *all* (barring a few eps of South Park streamed online) in about a month. I'll probably have to wait until the season is BitTorrented with large numbers of seeders.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DVRs are a wonderful thing. We record Heroes (well, all of our shows) and watch at our leisure.

So far so good. I'm glad it's a bit more than X-Men meets 4400. OK, more like New Mutants minus the leadership, Xavier institute and anything else established.

I think Hiro might be my favorite character. A fanboy's dream come true.

No mention of Syler this week. Obviously he's not the Blonde's husband, nor anyone else we've seen.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen this week's ep, but so far it's been very good. I'm enjoying this way more than Lost, which has been rather lacklustre this season.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't afford *food*, let alone a DVR.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you. This winter semester is something. Makes Florida look like Kansas.

My record is macaroni and soy sauce, two days.
The snow just hit Stockholm yesterday.The cavalry captain in the wagon nextdoor gives me weird looks.

I have a hard time coping with the fact that Niki Sanders is considered some sort of MILF in the show and is only three years older than me. What the hell! I'm a student, blagdappit.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't be certain, but I think maybe I don't like the dialogue so much. But then I like Studio 60 so I'm a snob or this season's big loser or something. Anyway what is happening on Heroes is pretty cool despite it being The 4400 with a much bigger budget. Also Ali Larter is teh hot.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've recently come into possession of the first 6 episodes so I plan to watch it shortly. I'm all about the Greg Grunberg, personally. He's good in whatever he does.

And yes, Ali Larter is teh hot. As long as she's not doing cartwheels and farting, anyways.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Heh, Nim...I find it greatly amusing that I'm not at all surprised that you immediately recognized me for a student. Ahhhh, college....
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching the show religiously as well. It was one of the ones I was looking forward to all summer and one of the handfull that has survived my early season weeding process. Sadly, NBC seems to have started playing musical chairs with Vanished, Kidnapped, and Studio 60 indicating they are likely not long for this world.

The first definite scene with Patrelli flying was tres cool (shirtlessness notwithstanding). Looks like we'll get more this week.

Ali Larter and Whatshercheerleader = wicked hot.

I thought Claire's dad was Syler at first, but it's pretty clear he isn't. In fact, I think he'll turn out to be some kind of Professor X type that everyone will have to learn to trust in season 2.

I'm also wonering about the cop. He hasn't had any connection with anyone else. I'm toying with the idea that the girl he found in the closet was Claire and that his part of the story is actually taking place a few years in the past. The fact that a big chunk of the one episode where Hiro found Mr. Eesak dead took place 5 weeks in the future makes me think they may just try something like that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps