Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Heroes
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We wait SIX WEEKS until the final run of Heroes?! Gonna be a long wait, especially now that Stargate SG-1 is done next week and Atlantis isn't coming back till the fall... Good thing Doctor Who will be there to tide us over. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What fringe are you talking about Johnny?

OMG just watched episode 18. This show just gets better and better and better and better.

The endings are REAL cliffhangers.

The one that falls off in the last seconds of episode 18. [Wink]

I'm going to use these weeks to watch the series again and catch up on the graphic novels.

There's also the promo for episode 19 to tide us over:
http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/heroes%2B19/video/x1dj2j_heroes-episode-19

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shy away from promos (unless it's Cowboy Bebop, in which case they're satirical), it takes away bang from the buck for me.

Regarding final run, they have been cleared for a second season.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Episode 18 is the current one. No more new eps until April 23.

OH MY GOD! NOOOOOOOO!

I am SO into this show! I don't think I've been so eager for new episodes since either Season 3 Babylon 5 or When I first got into Star Trek and I was borrowing episodes upon episodes of TNG from a friend to catch up!

When does Dr. Who come back?

Oh yes the fringe falling to the floor... is that the reason he HAD a fringe this whole time!?! Just for that scene!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sylar's last line was awesome. "I'd like to see how that works."

Whoever called Hana "Wireless" on the last page gave me a thought: is anyone coming up with superhero style names for any of the heroes? I'm sure there are lists out there. A couple of thoughts I've had are:

Eden = Persuasion
Candice = Lookalike
Parkman = Reader
Jessikki = Schitzo
The Nuclear Guy = Fireball

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Claire?? The Cheerleader?
Isaac - Painter?

Can anyone list the powers Sylar should have now?

Demoleculariser
Telekinesis (possibly accoundts for him 'zooming' away from FBI chick and Matt Parkman out of the sewer.
Super-hearing
Super-memory (from the waitress Charlie)

He killed that little girl's parents - the one Parkman heard... wasn't one of them frozen or something - so maybe one of them had power over ice or what have you.

Can he take from 'non'-power people - maybe he became a real bitch after opening up Jackie's head!?! - The wrong cheerleader.

Anyone else?

Does this then mean Peter Patrelli can supposedly absorb all these powers too?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably only with powers excercised in his vicinity. How he did his precog-dreaming escapes me, though. It hasn't been much delved in.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he absorbs the powers of woever he is in proximity with, whether they're exercised or not. His first manifestation was of his brother's flight power, but he never saw Nathan fly until he rescued him in the first ep. But on the flip side, he can't exercize a power if he doesn't know it's there.

And Hana is called Wireless because that was the title of the arc about her in the online graphic novels. Sylar took his name from a brand of clock. I don't think any of the rest need nicknames. Although I admit "Ted the Nuclear Guy" sounds cool. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Nim
Member # 205

quote:
His first manifestation was of his brother's flight power, but he never saw Nathan fly until he rescued him in the first ep.
He also never flew until his flying brother caught him. He has never used a power that had not already been used on, or near, him. Even the invisibility thing was an ongoing experience.

Since Sylar has so many powers now, I could see why absorbing all the crap he has acquired since their run-in at the stadium would make Peter go nuclear. But neither he nor Sylar has met nuclear-guy, so he doesn't have the means yet.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Peter will be able to absorb all the powers Sylar has absorbed including Sylar's original power to see how things work.

Sylar's killed others, too, since the FBI was already on his trail when we first met Parkman. So presumably, he has more than we've seen.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good point, Nim. Peter hasn't met Ted, so why did he seem to be starting to go nuclear before Claude punched him a few episodes ago?

I think everyone has a showdown between Peter and Sylar in mind(where they end up using an ingenious combination of powers to beat each other, with Peter winning), so I hope Sylar isn't killed off in the next episode. Peter's bound to overpower him and Mohinder wants Sylar dead, so I wonder how he'll escape death. I suppose Peter's conscience could kick in.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I thought the reason Peter was going 'nuclear' wasn't so much Ted but that he was being overwhelmed with powers all at once!?! Although the similarities between the powers are quite a lot.

Hmmm the connection between Ted and Peter is Matt Parkman... wasn't he in Peter's mind at one stage?

Also interesting in that Peter was going to go to the Nevada desert and around that time Ted Sprague was there playing with his powers.

Were Peter's dreams precognition - why were all those people in a deserted New York?

Jess/ikki, Micha, D.L., Matt (in uniform), Hiro, Ando, Claire, Nathan, SIMONE... I think it might have just been a dream. BUT he hasn't MET all those people yet. only 4 of them.

Does anyone think that Claire might have another ability to heal OTHERS? I was thinking she might have discovered that after her mother took ill.

DOES Mohindar have a power? Remember what Mr. Bennett said when Mohindar said he had a list??

If Peter can heal himself... why can't he heal his scar that he PRESUMABLY gets from Sylar (unless it's a decoy and it's a different scar).

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Regarding final run, they have been cleared for a second season."

True, but I understand it's supposed to be a whole new storyline with different characters and everything. So, this is the final run for this story.

"When does Dr. Who come back?"

End of this month.

"...is anyone coming up with superhero style names for any of the heroes?"

Claire -> "Wolverine"
D.L. -> "Shadowcat"
Peter -> "Mimic"
Candice -> "Mastermind"

Okay, so maybe the superhero genre lends itself easily to repetition. I'm just saying.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctor Who comes back on March 31. Coincidentally, this is the end of the first quarter, which for me means the end of twelve hour workdays. I hope. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Doctor Who comes back on March 31. Coincidentally, this is the end of the first quarter, which for me means the end of twelve hour workdays. I hope. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps