Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Heroes
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not missing anything, though he has met the Haitian. More importantly though, it seems that he's meeting the one person whom he might most be able to help... Assuming he'll be able to hear the thoughts of both Nikki and Jessica. Maybe that's why he gets tossed out the window.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He also had a run in with Sylar(well, we don't know it was definitely him since he seemed to be flying) and obviously Radioactive Man as well.

I reckon Peter will defeat Sylar too, since he can use his existing powers as well as absorbing Sylar's. It's funny really, they're like good/evil twins. Both have the ability to become incredibly powerful, but while one uses it for good, the other uses it for evil(well, he kills people to get more powers - gotta catch 'em all!).

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, I saw in the previews for next week that Nikki and Matt finally meet.

Jessikki's powers are kind of odd. I guess I would call it super strength. Right now I'm thinking that Jessica has those abilities too, but only her alternate personality knows how to access them. eventually, I think Jessica will figure it out too.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the present time, only Nikki can use their super strength... Which appears to manifest ONLY is rather gory ways so far. This doesn't seem to bode well for their encounter with Matt.

Back to Sylar and Nathan... Until this past week, most of us were under the impression that each person could only have one super power: telekenisis, phasing, super strength, etc. Only Sylar was able to somehow take the powers of other people permanently with his scoopages. We'd previously thought that Nathan could only use the powers of others he has met while he's near to or in contact with them. Now, we essentially have two people with the same powers, which are manifested in supposedly different ways.

The other revelation is an apparent genetic link between those with powers, with the discovery that Clarebear's biological parents are both supers too (plus Nathan and Peter, of course). But if there's some sort of family link, how come we haven't seen the Petrelli den mother show hers off? Is her super power the ability to be overbearing and obnoxious?

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're confusing Nathan and Peter with each other.

I suspect the genetics of superpowers probably work in much the same way as mutations in the Marvel Comics universe or magical ability in the Harry Potter universe. Someone with powers can be born to someone without powers. People with powers are likely to produce a child with powers (but not necessarily?).

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Nathan a lot, he's very funny when talking to Hiro or others in unusual situations. It's only his whispering that's irritating, like that of Claire's father and Ron Silver.

This makes him the equivalent or better to Sylar; he may even be able to absorb the latter's kaleidoscope of powers.

Peter absorbing Sylar's powers would probably lead to that massive overload they've been talking about. But obviously we're led to believe that bumpkin sitting in his cellar blowing up his hands is the guy Peter will risk emulating.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that there will eventually be a Quantum Leap-style revelation that basically the Good Nature of the Universe (God, Time, Fate, etc) generates extraordinary people every so often to prevent a catastrophe. Hiro's sword-wielding storybook character was of a previous generation of these supers. The swoosh mark that seems to be supconsciously programmed into everyone and that appears on the sword hilt ties into this too.

I think Linderman will eventually be revealed to be the counterforce to this. The Evil Nature who is trying to gain control of all these people and and use their abilites for his own purposes.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darth Linderman anyone?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I dunno... Anyone still thinking "HRG" is a bad guy after this week's episode?

Mark

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, but clearly Captain Sulu is more involved than we first imagined. And what's the significance of that bloody roof?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I dunno... Anyone still thinking "HRG" is a bad guy after this week's episode?

Mark

I wanna know if he's alive or not. Next week's episode would seem to indicate he's alive, but it might be a flashback.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anyone still thinking 'HRG' is a bad guy after this week's episode?"

Certainly. He only acted "good" where protecting his daughter was concerned. Aside from her, he's still clearly all about the kidnapping and experimenting on people.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HRG is still alive. Haitian shot him where it wouldn't be lethal, then erased the memories. My questions are thus:

1. Who is this other guy?
2. Whose orders are the Haitian following?
3. Who is the new chick and what does she do?
4. WTF happened to Hana? Why didn't she go with Ted and Parkman?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happens to HRG's family (other than Claire)?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"What happens to HRG's family (other than Claire)?"

The Haitian, most likely. Though, what sort of condition that will leave Mrs. Bennett in is anyone's guess.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps