Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Heroes
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I thought the reason Peter was going 'nuclear' wasn't so much Ted but that he was being overwhelmed with powers all at once!?! Although the similarities between the powers are quite a lot.

Hmmm the connection between Ted and Peter is Matt Parkman... wasn't he in Peter's mind at one stage?

Also interesting in that Peter was going to go to the Nevada desert and around that time Ted Sprague was there playing with his powers.

Were Peter's dreams precognition - why were all those people in a deserted New York?

Jess/ikki, Micha, D.L., Matt (in uniform), Hiro, Ando, Claire, Nathan, SIMONE... I think it might have just been a dream. BUT he hasn't MET all those people yet. only 4 of them.

If Peter can heal himself... why can't he heal his scar that he PRESUMABLY gets from Sylar (unless it's a decoy and it's a different scar).

This is what I love about Heroes, there's so much to speculate about, and unlike a certain other series, we'll actually be getting answers to these questions!

I think Peter's dreams are precognition, though whether that's one of his abilities or not remains to be seen. One possibility is that Isaac's precognition was rubbing off on Peter. That could explain his NY/Nuke visions, though I can't remember if he'd met Isaac at the time he had his flying visions.

The other thing to consider is that Peter's vision of NY exploding conflicts with what Hiro experienced when he went forward in time to that point. In Peter's vision Isaac and Simone were nearby, while in Hiro's trip to Nov 8th Isaac was dead when the explosion occurred. What we don't know is whether this means Peter's visions were wrong, or if the future has since been changed. Meanwhile, Isaac is painting pictures of himself with his brain removed.

As for the scar, the Hiro that met Peter on the subway changed the chain of events from that point on when he told Peter "save the cheerleader, save the world". In the timeline that Hiro came from Peter never went to Texas, never saved Claire and therefore never picked up the healing ability. Presumably he then had a run-in with Sylar similar to the one in the last episode and wasn't able to fix his scar.

Oh, btw, the reason I thought Peter was starting to go nuclear when Claude punched him was because his hands were glowing like Ted's do when he's using his powers.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, way at the beginning I mentioned I wanted to see; I've torrented eps 1-18 and watched them.

Oh. My. Effing. God.

This show has actually replaced SG:Atlantis as my favorite. The plot twists, the characters, the powers, it's all so very cool. And it's so fun to sit around and speculate about. And then be wrong again and again and again...

I'm so glad they've been cleared for season 2; I was terrified this 'hiatus' would be permanent.

Now about Sylar, I'm not so sure he NEEDS to take out the brains to learn their powers - HRG told him they weren't sure what so many alterations of his own DNA would do, so it doesn't make sense that he's altering his brain to match others. I think he takes their brains out because he's psycho.

Now I always thought Peter would kick Sylar's ass if he met up with him but apparently not - or, not yet anyway. I'm expecting the beginning of the next ep to show him telekinetically throwing Sylar across the room and healing the scar, then going invisible for a really cool battle scene. Well, not expecting....hoping....

Anyway, I always thought it was fairly obvious that Peter would absorb Nuke Man's powers and just lose control like Nuke Man always threatened to do. I figured the way to stop the bomb would mean killing him eventually, even if he DOES gain control of his powers. Either that or those visions of himself aren't entirely accurate ... maybe they're symbolic: He doesn't literally blow up, he's just the cause of the explosion in that he can stop it, or he doesn't stop it. If that makes sense. And he needed Claire's healing ability to get close enough to Nuke Man to stop it. Hence, 'save the cheerleader, save the world.'

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snap* Oh that reminds me, when Claire stopped Nuke Man with the tranqulizers...watching her skin bake off, and then when she comes out all ashy and skeletal and heals slowly...that was really cool. However I wonder what the neighbors think. Also, why didn't the radiation melt the damn syringe?

Oh, here's a prediction based on nothing but my craziness, which if right will make me seem so cool. I bet Claire's grandmother's power (Nathan and Peter's mom) is that she can speak any language. Just a theory.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel: Better question: why didn't the radiation melt her damn hair?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the grandmother doesn't HAVE an ability - maybe it's only something that's started appearing in people born around the 1960's and afterwards!?!

SO MANY TANGENTS!

Another thing - a fight between Sylar and Peter... Peter might turn invisible - Sylar will be able to hear him.

Also - what of the little girl that was saved by Parkman - wouldn't she also have powers... Sylar seemed to have killed both her parents, presumably for their powers... or maybe he was looking for her - and she has a power!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I bet Claire's grandmother's power (Nathan and Peter's mom) is that she can speak any language."

Possibly, one of the Petrelli parents has/had precognitive powers. That would explain where Peter could have picked up his visions before he ever met Isaac.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its Mrs Petrelli has the powers. She was doing stuff to get attention earlier, maybe she couldn't control them or something. I also posit that Mr Petrelli was part of the organization that I think Linderman leads. Petrelli the elder had all those dealings with Linderman to keep his family hidden.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I speak fluent French. Mrs. P's power, if anything, is to butcher French so damn much that even I can't understand what the hell she's saying. The Haitian I got just fine.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Maybe the grandmother doesn't HAVE an ability - maybe it's only something that's started appearing in people born around the 1960's and afterwards!?!

It was sort of implied that that ancient Japanese ruler who had the sword also had powers, but other than that, it does seem like only the two most recent generations have powers. "In recent days", I think the first ep says.

Still, it'd be cool if Granny Petrelli and Grandpa(oh come on, he's bound to be alive really) had powers too.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Meh hehh, Mrs. Petrelli having precognitive abilities makes sense when you think of Peter's early visions. Goooood point, TSN. I hadn't thought of that. However, I'm trying to figure it out based not just on plot, but on things like what TV shows usually end up doing with twists (although Heroes likes to be pretty unexpected). Also, what kind of power would help her protect Claire form afar?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the uberRevelation will be the significance of the rooftop everyone keeps showing up on. Wasn't it the roof of the building owned by the guy Peter was taking care of?

Claude's pigeons are there. Issac and his girlfriend kissed there. Claire was handed over to HRG there. Hiro and Ando future-tripped there and found out they still haven't stopped anything. Somethin's going on there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it makes you wonder. How does this mutation gene pass from generation to generation? Claire has a power, so do both her parents. Micah has a power, so do both his parents. Hiro has a power, but his parents don't appear to. There's some indication that Shanthi had a power, but neither Chandra nor Mohinder have one. Do Nathan and Peter's parents have powers? Will Parkman's kid have a power? Hana's mother and grandmother didn't have anything special about them, either.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Peter doesn't really have precog dreams so much as they are clairvoyant (dreamed of the accident as it happened) or connection with another (Nathan, Mr. Devaux). So I'm willing to write the dreams off as part of his empathy.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He first dreamed of being at the rooftop and falling in the very beginning of the first episode, long before actually doing it, and then he repeatedly saw visions of the coming NY incident, before getting into that coma. What was that all about, by the way? And what got him out of it?

Funny, he says to Simone "I keep having these amazing dreams every time I close my eyes...", his first line in the show.

I'm curious, how do you define empathy in this particular context, Nebula?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, if Peter WAS being clairvoyant, perhaps that's his mom's power rubbing off on him. After all, that WOULD be a helpful power to keep someone safe from across the country. And with the whole Destiny thing, I get the feeling everyone has their particular power for a reason.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps