Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was fucking Amazing.
Hugh Jackman shows that he really is the best there is at what he does.
The kid that played Pyro did an excellent job as did the guy that played Nightcrawler.
Very good acting from everyone.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw it a couple hours ago. Frikkin' awesome, bay-bee! If you have even a passing interest in X-Men, you'll LOVE this movie. I couldn't believe that it was actually a bit over two hours, things happened so fast in the movie! Kept my attention, that's for sure.

SPOILER SPACE

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
>SNIKT!<
Now, I haven't read the comics in years, and my memory isn't the best about them... what role did Stryker and/or his son play in the comic?

Nope. Not unless Stryker is relatively new to the X-Universe comics. I'm thinking he was possibly made just for the movie.

However, his son Jason, on the other hand... I'm pretty sure that this was a take-off on Jason Wyngarde, who's nome-degeur (sp) in the X-Comics was Mastermind.

I also liked the lil' "cameo" by Mrs. McCoy's bouncing, bubbly boy. [Wink] Hope we see more of him!

Also, I'm 100% certain that "Colosus" did NOT have a Russian accent. Having spent a great deal of time around Russians, I can tell you categorically that there was no trace of an accent, and there should have been if they were truly trying to make him out as Piotr Rasputin.

No sign of Gambit that I saw, either. Gonna have to get that DVD when it comes out so I can do some screen grabs!

And where is it that you guys claim to have seen "Archangels" wings?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I daresay that's bogus. They had originally planned to have Angel (his original name) impress Rogue in the first movie by slam-dunking a basketball with the aid of his great (feather) wings on the court. It was cut due to the CGI-budget, or so I heard.

The X-Rays in question were probably of Yuriko's shoulder blades.

They did shoot some stunt scenes with stuntman James Bamford playing Gambit, probably in the school raid, but apparently they want to use Gambit for later and don't want some non-actor playing him now, forcing them to recast later.

But just maybe we'll see him on the DVD, as you say.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently Sebastian Shaw is in the movie as well, credited as Doctor Shaw.

Since he and McCoy are next to eachother in the credit list I assume Shaw is the gentleman McCoy is debating with on the TV in the bar-scene. Haven't confirmed it.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that was poor Mastermind: they even kept his his-matched eyes (from the comics).
I had heard there would be Sentinels and Gambit: the name "Remy LeBeau" is on the computer screen that Mystique acceses in Stryker's office but that's it.
No Sentinels are in the movie at all But there is a intresting X-Ray of Cyber's head in the Weapon X lab (Cyber is a so-so villian with admantium skin in plates: kinda like Colusus but artificial)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:

Haha, I wasn't being surly, what is this?
You misunderstood, I adressed it because I've heard it before. I said "fat guard" because some other reviewers have prematurely claimed LeBeau was that man.

Oh - ok - why would those reviewers think that that that fat guy was Remy!?! Arrgh - even I know that and I've only seen one or two tv eps and the first movie!

So - heh sorry - I thought you were aiming it at me! [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ryan: 'and "holy shit" from the others.'

My brother and I said so too. [Smile]

Me THREE!! (or is it four?) [Smile]

I saw X-men 5 times (at the theatres) - the closest I've come to see a movie multiple times is First Contact 3x, The Fellowship of the Rings 3x and The Two Towers 2x (I may this week up that to 4x for TFOTR and 3x for TTT as they are having a back-to-back double feature for one week only) for $15.

I've seen X2 1.5 times (I snuck into the final screening for the evening as it was on as I was leaving my first viewing) I'll definately see it again.

Andrew

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:

SPOILER SPACE

Also, I'm 100% certain that "Colosus" did NOT have a Russian accent. Having spent a great deal of time around Russians, I can tell you categorically that there was no trace of an accent, and there should have been if they were truly trying to make him out as Piotr Rasputin.

Ahhhhh - but he got to say ALL of ONE line. Unless he had a Particularly THICK accent "I can help you" is not ALWAYS going to sound Russian.

quote:

No sign of Gambit that I saw, either. Gonna have to get that DVD when it comes out so I can do some screen grabs!

Well as Nim says - his name and Bruce Maddox were just on the printouts that Mystique did.

quote:

Nim says:

quote:
I daresay that's bogus.
NUP! It's most DEFINATELY there.

Top right-hand corner - I was desparately looking for it - It was mentioned in the Empire Magazine X-men special.

It's one of the x-rays that are in the adamantium room. You can see the 'arm' and the "feathers" - albite not as bright - which would be correct. And I saw it twice that night (well 1.5 times) and saw it both times.

Andrew

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

About the scull plates - remember wolverine has that too - as per Jean's x-rays in X1.

Who is Dr. Shaw?

And all these people with Adamantium implants must be healers like Wolvie - well we saw Deathstrike have that ability.

Also when Rogue sucks out powers - how long does she keep them? Does that mean she had within that time fire AND ice skills?

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:

SPOILER SPACE

quote:
Ahhhhh - but he got to say ALL of ONE line. Unless he had a Particularly THICK accent "I can help you" is not ALWAYS going to sound Russian.
No, he had more than just "ONE" line in the movie, dude. He had more like five or six lines, at least. All were spoken quite clearly in unaccented English. Again, I've been around a number of Russian's before and the way they enunciate certain syllables is unmistakable.

quote:

Well as Nim says - his name and Bruce Maddox were just on the printouts that Mystique did.
If you're talking about Multiple Man, that's Jamie Madrox....

I believe that "Bruce Maddox" was a character in TNG. The episode where they were going to cut Data into pieces for study...?

quote:

Nim says:

quote:
I daresay that's bogus.
quote:
NUP! It's most DEFINATELY there.

Top right-hand corner - I was desparately looking for it - It was mentioned in the Empire Magazine X-men special.

It's one of the x-rays that are in the adamantium room. You can see the 'arm' and the "feathers" - albite not as bright - which would be correct. And I saw it twice that night (well 1.5 times) and saw it both times.

Andrew

I didn't see these, tho that's not saying that they weren't there. I just never noticed them, if they were. I assume you're talking about the scene at Strykers base, down in his lab...?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yep in his lab. It was there. *sigh*.

And I don't know what movie you saw but Colossus only said one line. Sure we might have seen him a few more times.

1. At the table drawing with a kid when Rogue and Bobby are trying to Kiss - he draws a cartoon - no dialogue

2. Appears at the Bedroom Door - initiates the metal skin - throws bad guys through a wall - no dialogue

3. Carries a kid down a hall in the mansion - meets up with Wolverine "I can help you" - Wolvie says "No, you help the children". And they go off down a secret passage-way.

4. Only seen again at the end when he enters Xavier's office and class starts. The only 'kid' dialogue there was by Jubilee when Xavier is distant (presumably being contacted by Jean).

That's it - no more than one abrupt - and interrupted line by Colossus... and you CAN'T tell an accent from that. Especially if he doesn't have a THICK accent. Also if he's been living at the Mansion for quite a while - he was much younger when we last briefly saw him.

*sigh*.

Andrew

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

WTF is your deal, dude?!?

"*sigh*"?!?!?!?

That's very mature of you....

You must have gotten up and walked out in the middle of the fight scene at the mansion as Strykers troops came in or we saw two different versions of the movie. The version I saw very clearly had Colosus - a guy who transforms in one scene into organic looking steel skin - speaking somewhere around five or six lines of dialogue.

When Colosus gets the kids into the tunnel, there's some dialogue between he and some of the other kids. He says a line or two here. When they leave the tunnel, he says another line or two.

Did the version you see have this?

No need to get all pissy and try to be so "sophisticated" or whatever your "Sighs" are all about.

Might as well go ahead and just call me a liar, "Andrew". At least have the cojone's to do that much.....

"*sigh*", indeed.... [Roll Eyes]

Griffworks
Member # 1014

Just read your profile and see you're in Australia. Andy Henshaw, is that you...?

EDIT: Nevermind. Checking again, I see you're in Brisbane and he's in Adelaide....

Anyhow, it's entirely possible that the version you see omitted the scenes I'm talking about that I saw.

Regardless, I know for a fact that the character identified as Colosus did indeed speak more than "ONE" line of dialogue in the movie I saw today. I shall maintain that he spoke five or six lines of dialogue and will not argue that point any further with you. I imagine that the DVD will bear me out. At least, the U.S. version should.

Also, the movie I saw today was over two hours long. The lights are all out, but I believe that the first movie was barely over 1 1/2 hours, right? Will have to check tomorrow morning when I feel I can turn lights on and look for the VHS and DVD copies....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I only saw the movie once, but I distinctly recall him armoring up and them muttering "oil can".....

mabye that's why bright boy didint stay armored up when the house was being invaded by goons with automatic weapons. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so psyched by the fact that even though I haven't read an X-Men comic in years and didn't read virtually any publicity material for this film, still I knew who everyone was by name and all the little connections to stories that have been done.

quote:
Rogue is more powerful than in these movies, but if we go by the logic that she's young and hasn't assimilated that many powers yet, it fits.

Yeah. Didn't she get the flying and super-strength/invulnerability after an incident with Ms. Marvel? I can't remember the exact circumstances, but somehow she permanently absorbed Marvel's powers...

Nightcrawler, I agree was fucking awesome. It was really cool to see Colossus, too, even though the first thing that I thought was "Why doesn't he have a Russian accent?" (I too clearly heard an accent-less voice, Andrew. [Razz] )

And OMG! Phoenix! Gasp! Orgasm! [Eek!]

I wonder if they'll do the thing with Mystique being Rogue and Nightcrawler's mom? Probably not, I guess...

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So if Remy and - who's this other guy? Multiple Man? What - he has multiple orgasms!?! [Smile] were on the security guard list - then they ARE security guards as part of the story? AND why would they be listed in the credits!!?!! Does that mean some of the guards we saw were mutants!?!

No, no, no. Before Mystique called up the security guard files, she was looking at a list of mutants which Stryker had files on.

Also on the computer were files concerning Muir Island, Franklin Richards, and Project Wideawake. [Smile]

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
>SNIKT!<
Now, I haven't read the comics in years, and my memory isn't the best about them... what role did Stryker and/or his son play in the comic?

Nope. Not unless Stryker is relatively new to the X-Universe comics. I'm thinking he was possibly made just for the movie.
No, I definitely remember Stryker from before. Didn't he become a religious fanatic or some-such in the comics?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ May 03, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps