Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that my post is at the top of the page I'll add spoiler space for all those naughy goils and bois who go ahead an 'accidently' read any of this.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

spoilers ahead

do not pass go

do not collect $200 dollars!

that should do it! [Smile]

Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I only saw the movie once, but I distinctly recall him armoring up and them muttering "oil can".....

mabye that's why bright boy didint stay armored up when the house was being invaded by goons with automatic weapons. [Big Grin]

Curiouser and Curiouser - there was no such "oil-can" line. I'm going to see it again - I'll double check the lines.

BUT Mr. Works... if indeed that is your real name [Smile] I'm *sighing* cause I had just typed the same thing three times - or something like that.

*sigh^2*

OK how about this *sheesh!*

*grumble*

*snickt!*

I'm maintaining he had *1* line and that was "But I can help you" to Wolverine - and it was in a low voice. BESIDES all that - If he becomes a major player next movie AND he's not destinctly Russian then there is a problem - If he came on screen with a really bad heavy Middle-of-the-cold-war-out-in-a-gulag-vodka-drinking-Russian accent - or sounded like Chekov then I'd be pissed.

And as I said before *sigh* *yes SIGH* [Smile] He's been living in the US for a while now - considering he was in the first movie. I'd say he'd begin to loose any thick Russian accent. Maybe he's not even RUSSIAN born in the movies but of Russian-American parents!?!

Does it really matter - he looked farkin' cool!!

So Griffworks - cool the 'tude... Bub.

[Smile]

OH and if we want to get REALLY PICKY John Allerdyce aka Pyro is Australian - and HE distinctly had an American accent. So nyah! [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Yeah. Didn't she get the flying and super-strength/invulnerability after an incident with Ms. Marvel? I can't remember the exact circumstances, but somehow she permanently absorbed Marvel's powers...

Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean? That's another question - does Rouge retain a little of everyone's power's she absorbs?? She gets their thoughts/memories like her boyfriend at the start of X1 and Wolverine.

Didn't you LOVE Rogue/Anna's little scene when she sees Magneto on the ship!! And how he taunts her!?!
quote:

Nightcrawler, I agree was fucking awesome.

I *LOVED* Nightcrawler - loved the small interaction between him and Mystique and his tail getting a little excited after her reply.

*I HOPE ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE ISN'T WATCHING THIS!!*
quote:

It was really cool to see Colossus, too, even though the first thing that I thought was "Why doesn't he have a Russian accent?" (I too clearly heard an accent-less voice, Andrew. [Razz] )

Bah! [Smile] OK - fine - I'm not really saying I could *HEAR* any Russian accent - it's just that he only had one line. And it would have looked corny him coming out and sounding like Pavel Chekov! [Smile]

*Volverine! There are commandoes in the building! (doing Chekov's patented stating the bleeding obvious!) [Smile] *

*Should we take one of their Wessels!?!*

[Smile]
quote:

And OMG! Phoenix! Gasp! Orgasm!

Double Orgasm! [Wink]

I'm not ALL up on the history - just know tid-bits... but having Phoenix doesn't mean we've got to have that Alien story line and Lilandra do we - cause you'll loose audiences there.
quote:

I wonder if they'll do the thing with Mystique being Rogue and Nightcrawler's mom? Probably not, I guess...

I'm guessing no.

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So if Remy and - who's this other guy? Multiple Man? What - he has multiple orgasms!?! [Smile] were on the security guard list - then they ARE security guards as part of the story? AND why would they be listed in the credits!!?!! Does that mean some of the guards we saw were mutants!?!

No, no, no. Before Mystique called up the security guard files, she was looking at a list of mutants which Stryker had files on.

Also on the computer were files concerning Muir Island, Franklin Richards, and Project Wideawake.

*OHHHHHHHHHHHHH* *got-ya now* *there were so many files my eyes were scanning the screen franticly*

The thing is I've seen a credit listing for Remy LeBeau!?! A Cut thing?

And sorry - but who/what are Muir Island (Isn't that where Moyra McTaggert is - wasn't she a love of Xaviers and helped build Cerebro with Eric?)

Franklin Richards?

Project Wide-awake?

quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
>SNIKT!<
Now, I haven't read the comics in years, and my memory isn't the best about them... what role did Stryker and/or his son play in the comic?

Nope. Not unless Stryker is relatively new to the X-Universe comics. I'm thinking he was possibly made just for the movie.
No, I definitely remember Stryker from before. Didn't he become a religious fanatic or some-such in the comics?

-MMoM [/QB][/QUOTE]

An X-men fanatic girl I know told me about Stryker - she's one of these Fans - sorta like us - I think they consider the comics Canon and everything else non-canon. Those movies would be pretty hard to dismiss though! [Smile]

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR: "Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean?"

No, Ms Marvel was Carol Danvers, an old name long forgotten by kids these days, from the golden days of the 80's.

There are a whole heap of Marvel-women with "Marvel" in their names so it's easy to miss it, actually.

"The thing is I've seen a credit listing for Remy LeBeau!?! A Cut thing?"

Oh pay attention, 007!
Yes, a cut thing, I posted this yesterday (added some stough now):

They did shoot some stunt scenes with stuntman James Bamford playing Gambit (it's in the credits), probably for the school raid,
but apparently they may want to use Gambit for later and don't want some non-actor playing him now, forcing them to recast later.

"All these people with Adamantium implants must be healers like Wolvie - well we saw Deathstrike have that ability."

Healing factor is not a prerequisite for adamantium grafting.
I don't remember if Deathstrike has it herself in the comics, but it cannot be added to a person,
that would totally tear down the uniqueness of those fortunate few.
It's bad enough with all this increased adamantium-activity...
Logan has (along with the animal senses) the healing factor since birth, it's why he's a mutant. That's also why no one knows how old he is.

"Also when Rogue sucks out powers - how long does she keep them? Does that mean she had within that time fire AND ice skills?

It depends on if she's actively trying and how hard. She can loan powers momentarily and surrender them later.
With the other's consent it works even better.
You should've seen her in the last "Uncanny X-Men" adventure, she was a flying tank.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
AndrewR:
"The thing is I've seen a credit listing for Remy LeBeau!?! A Cut thing?"

Oh pay attention, 007!
Yes, a cut thing, I posted this yesterday (added some stough now):

(stuff)

Oooops SOrry -- I THOUGHT I remembered someone posting about it! That's right. The thing is the character for Pyro in X1 isn't the same as X2 - neither is Jubilee - not that that matters... why don't they use her? I thought she was a favourite?
quote:

They did shoot some stunt scenes with stuntman James Bamford playing Gambit (it's in the credits), probably for the school raid,
but apparently they may want to use Gambit for later and don't want some non-actor playing him now, forcing them to recast later.

"All these people with Adamantium implants must be healers like Wolvie - well we saw Deathstrike have that ability."

I don't remember if Deathstrike has it herself in the comics, but it cannot be added to a person,
Logan has (along with the animal senses) the healing factor since birth, it's why he's a mutant. That's also why no one knows how old he is.

But adding metal like that to the inside of the body would kill someone due to their immune system attacking it continually. So one would guess Logan is continually healing himself 24/7 - he probably should be a big eater! [Smile]

quote:

"Also when Rogue sucks out powers - how long does she keep them? Does that mean she had within that time fire AND ice skills?

It depends on if she's actively trying and how hard. She can loan powers momentarily and surrender them later.
With the other's consent it works even better.
You should've seen her in the last "Uncanny X-Men" adventure, she was a flying tank.

A Flying Hank or a flying Tank? [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AndrewR: "Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean?"

No, Ms Marvel was Carol Danvers, an old name long forgotten by kids these days, from the golden days of the 80's.

There are a whole heap of Marvel-women with "Marvel" in their names so it's easy to miss it, actually.

Actually the Admantium grafting process was made by a crazy old failed kamakzie pilot named "Lord Darkwind" (crappy comic translation, no doubt) and was first seen when Daredevil broke Bullseye's back for him killing Electra (sound familliar?). The Kingpin smuggled the paralized bullseye to Japan for the process and DD follows.
BIg Frank Miller story about honor and stuff results in Bullseye gaining Admantium bones and Darkwind and his son dying...leaving Yukio the sole surviving family member a bit screwy and without purpose in life.
Yukio learns those shifty Canadians in he Weapon X program stole her dad's research and that's a big slap inn her family's name and honor.
Yukio shows up in Alpha Flight as Lady Deathstrike sometime later to kill Wolverine (as he's the living embodiment of the theft and her father's dishonor) and guess what? she fails. More dishonor.
Deathstrike sometime later strikes a deal with Spiral (of Mojoworld) and is re-created in glorious cybernetics and her arms "grow" into claws as strong as Wolvie's but not made of Admantium.
She now has a nice machine like healing factor and super strength and regularly gives the midet mutie an ass poundin' in the comics.
So you see: no healing factor required for admantium bones if done correctly but the Weapon X 'ers either have a bad japanese translator or never got the whole formula.
Watch Deathstrike nearly end Wolvie's life in X-Men 205 (with barry Windsor Smith Art to boot!)
As to Rogue: she was originally a mean bitch that took on and almost beat the Avengers in Avengers Anual 10 and her powers work just like the movie except in the comic she gains all that person's memories for the duration and sometimes a strong personality can do a posession thing on her and take over.
If she uses her powers on avictim (like Ms. Marvel) too long she'll permanately gain all that persons powers but also their personality: resulting in multiple personality disorder under pressure.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nim:
[qb] AndrewR: "Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean?"

As to Rogue: she was originally a mean bitch that took on and almost beat the Avengers in Avengers Anual 10 and her powers work just like the movie except in the comic she gains all that person's memories for the duration and sometimes a strong personality can do a posession thing on her and take over.

Well that's sorta like the movie cause Rogue says she could feel/remember her boyfriends thoughts and then Logans (when she was stabbed)

AND Jean said that she had taken on some of Wolvies traits and she'd be a bit gruff - or something - for a while afterwards (at the end of X1 when he was leaving).

Thanks for the info Jason!!

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

BUT Mr. Works... if indeed that is your real name [Smile] I'm *sighing* cause I had just typed the same thing three times - or something like that.

I put my real name in my sig-line. I put it there for a reason. That reason being that I'm not at all afraid for people to know who I really am. Unlike other people here, I am not a Keyboard Kommando.

But please, continue to play the role of a 13 year old girl who thinks she's turning 30 next month....

quote:
I'm maintaining he had *1* line and that was "But I can help you" to Wolverine - and it was in a low voice. BESIDES all that - If he becomes a major player next movie AND he's not destinctly Russian then there is a problem - If he came on screen with a really bad heavy Middle-of-the-cold-war-out-in-a-gulag-vodka-drinking-Russian accent - or sounded like Chekov then I'd be pissed.
You can maintain whatever you want for as long as you can keep it up, "Bub".

The fact of the matter is that in the version I saw, here in the United States of America - NOT in Australia! - had Colosus speaking five or six different lines. He wasn't yelling. He wasn't screaming, but was using a somewhat lowered voice as one might use in combat to try to NOT attract your enemy....

I appreciate your tolerance to the fact that perhaps we've seen different versions of the movie. That's very open minded of someone who doesn't even know where the comic book Rogue's super abilitities (i.e. her strength, flight and nigh-invulnerability) comes from and thinks that Ms. Marvel was Jean Grey.... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
And as I said before *sigh* *yes SIGH* [Smile] He's been living in the US for a while now - considering he was in the first movie. I'd say he'd begin to loose any thick Russian accent. Maybe he's not even RUSSIAN born in the movies but of Russian-American parents!?![/quiote]
And that's all fine and dandy up your suppositions of his movie origins. However, you made the point of the accent in the first place, not me. I just mentioned that I specificallay didn't hear one. Or did you forget that while you were doing all your posturing...?

quote:
Does it really matter - he looked farkin' cool!!
Again, I didn't make it a point of contention beyond mentioning that he doesn't have an accent.
So Griffworks - cool the 'tude... Bub.[/quote]

I'm not the one who started in w/the "'tude", Sparky.

quote:
OH and if we want to get REALLY PICKY John Allerdyce aka Pyro is Australian - and HE distinctly had an American accent. So nyah! [Razz] [Big Grin] [/QB]
Yes, I knew this when he had the cameo - played by a completely different actor - in the first movie.....
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I only saw the movie once, but I distinctly recall him armoring up and them muttering "oil can".....

Curiouser and Curiouser - there was no such "oil-can" line. I'm going to see it again - I'll double check the lines.

[/QB]

Um...he didint really say that you know. I was making a Wizard of Oz joke to break the tension over trivial lines. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
>SNIP<
And sorry - but who/what are Muir Island (Isn't that where Moyra McTaggert is - wasn't she a love of Xaviers and helped build Cerebro with Eric?)

Muir Island is the home of Moira MacTaggert, Scot scientist and former love of Xavier. To my recollection from the comics, she had no hand in the building of Cerebro.
quote:
Franklin Richards?
Son of Reed and Susan Richards - and a mutant. In an alternate timeline, he's the love of the daughter of Scott and Jean Summers. [Wink] We found out he's to become one very powerful mutant in some later issues of "Fantastic Four", too.

quote:
Project Wide-awake?
IIRC, the project which founded the Sentinel's, and then the Mutant Hounds, tho not for another decade or so, if they're following the comics time-line, which I sorta doubt.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
>SNIKT!<
Now, I haven't read the comics in years, and my memory isn't the best about them... what role did Stryker and/or his son play in the comic?

Nope. Not unless Stryker is relatively new to the X-Universe comics. I'm thinking he was possibly made just for the movie.
quote:
No, I definitely remember Stryker from before. Didn't he become a religious fanatic or some-such in the comics?
Hmmm... Could be. I'm more than willing to admit that I might be wrong - unlike some other people here in this discussion. I do, however, know that there was a Jason Wyngarde known as "Mastermind". Mastermind was the most powerful illusionist in the mutant repretroire during the run of the X-Universe as I was reading the comics (near continuous run from '79 thru '97), and had a major hand in creating Dark Phoenix. Mastermind's father was never mentioned as being William Stryker. If he's dead, I'm curious to know how they'll handle that for the next movie...?

Is it possible that Stryker was someone who "inherited" Project: Wideawake from the guy who created the Sentinel's (can't remember the name off the top of my head and my comics are all boxed and stacked - Bolivar Trask...?)? I seem to recall someone stepping in there at some point, but forget for sure.

I'm still a bit torqued that they killed off Gyrich and Kelley in the first movie....

Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
Um...he didint really say that you know. I was making a Wizard of Oz joke to break the tension over trivial lines. [Wink]

Let someone call you a liar and we'll see just how "trivial" it becomes. I don't much care for it, m'self.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean?

No, Ms. Marvel was a character (a human, IIRC) who had acquired Kree (an alien race) powers similar to those of the Kree warrior Captain Marvel. Rogue killed her, I think. But later she came back. (With so many decades of comics, it gets a bit hard to keep track of everyone... [Wink] )

Jean's original code name was Marvel Girl. I never quite understood why they stopped using it and just started calling her Jean Grey all the time. I suppose somebody probably complained that it sounded silly, but then again just using her real name isn't much better IMHO.

quote:

Franklin Richards?

Project Wide-awake?

Yes, Muir Island is is where McTaggert lives/works. I think Sean Cassidy (Banshee, whose daughter Theresa [Siryn] had a cameo in the film) may have gone to work with her there at one point.

Franklin Richards is the mutant son of Reed and Susan Richards. (Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four.) The FF comics have done all sorts of interesting things with him...

Project Wideawake was some government program that may have tied in with the Sentinels, but my memory is foggy here.

quote:
An X-men fanatic girl I know told me about Stryker - she's one of these Fans - sorta like us - I think they consider the comics Canon and everything else non-canon. Those movies would be pretty hard to dismiss though!
Well obviously, the movies take place in a different continuity than the comics. The same would have to go for any of the latest Marvel movies. (Blade, Spider-Man, Daredevil, The Hulk, etc.) They're only re-interpretations or revisions of the stories from the comics.

quote:
...Bub.
Forgot to mention this before: I was immeasurably pleased when Jackman called Cox that. It was truly cool that they kept little things like that. [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Jean's original code name was Marvel Girl. I never quite understood why they stopped using it and just started calling her Jean Grey all the time. I suppose somebody probably complained that it sounded silly, but then again just using her real name isn't much better IMHO.

Actually Jean became Phionex (A website into itself full off loooong story here) and a member of the Fantastic Four eventually took on the name (she had never heard of the X-Men Marvel Girl and thoughtshe was being original).
Jean came back a few years later (jesus, please don't ask) and found that her whole life was pretty much gone, her boyfriend was married and her hero name was taken.
She just kinda said "screw it, everybody already knows my secret ID anyway". [Wink]

...and I too got a thrill from hearing Wolvie say "bub".

It was a little odd to see Magneto take the helicopter to get away, but mabye he was still tired from imprisonment or mabye he just didint feel like dragging Mystique's ass all over the place.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
quote:
Isn't Miss Marvel another name for Jean?

No, Ms. Marvel was a character (a human, IIRC) who had acquired Kree (an alien race) powers similar to those of the Kree warrior Captain Marvel. Rogue killed her, I think. But later she came back. (With so many decades of comics, it gets a bit hard to keep track of everyone... [Wink] )

quote:

Franklin Richards?

Project Wide-awake?

Yes, Muir Island is is where McTaggert lives/works. I think Sean Cassidy (Banshee, whose daughter Theresa [Siryn] had a cameo in the film) may have gone to work with her there at one point.

Franklin Richards is the mutant son of Reed and Susan Richards. (Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four.) The FF comics have done all sorts of interesting things with him...

Project Wideawake was some government program that may have tied in with the Sentinels, but my memory is foggy here.

quote:
An X-men fanatic girl I know told me about Stryker - she's one of these Fans - sorta like us - I think they consider the comics Canon and everything else non-canon. Those movies would be pretty hard to dismiss though!
Well obviously, the movies take place in a different continuity than the comics. The same would have to go for any of the latest Marvel movies. (Blade, Spider-Man, Daredevil, The Hulk, etc.) They're only re-interpretations or revisions of the stories from the comics.

quote:
...Bub.
Forgot to mention this before: I was immeasurably pleased when Jackman called Cox that. It was truly cool that they kept little things like that. [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Hey look everybody! I must be The Invisible Boy 'cause apparently my post above which covered pretty much the same info isn't visible to other people..... [Roll Eyes]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
quote:

I put my real name in my sig-line. I put it there for a reason. That reason being that I'm not at all afraid for people to know who I really am. Unlike other people here, I am not a Keyboard Kommando.

But please, continue to play the role of a 13 year old girl who thinks she's turning 30 next month....

OMG! WTF!?! You have a big issue to work out Griff - 1. LOOK AT THE GRAEMLINS, 2. READ A FEW MORE POSTS around here to get the feel of the 'dynamic'. You are being WAY too confrontational. This is a chill-out zone. I had no attitude - I joke a lot of the time. You can't just come into a board and start name-calling (little girl WTF?) people who have been around these parts through 4 incarnations and 5 and a bit years.

Young wipper-snappers!

-------> [Smile]

*sheesh*

quote:

Mr. Works:

The fact of the matter is that in the version I saw, here in the United States of America - NOT in Australia! - had Colosus speaking five or six different lines. He wasn't yelling. He wasn't screaming, but was using a somewhat lowered voice as one might use in combat to try to NOT attract your enemy....

I appreciate your tolerance to the fact that perhaps we've seen different versions of the movie. That's very open minded of someone who doesn't even know where the comic book Rogue's super abilitities (i.e. her strength, flight and nigh-invulnerability) comes from and thinks that Ms. Marvel was Jean Grey.... [Roll Eyes]

OMG - who's being the little girl!?! OMG - wtf - you don't need to know the past 30 years of X-men to know what one sees in a MOVIE.

You are trying to be a school-yard bully "oohh look at him - he's trying to be clever and he doesn't know who Miss Marvel is!!"

Actually, no - you aren't being a bully - you are being the quintissential Comic-book Store Guy...

"You may enter my store if you can answer these questions three... What is the true nature of Rogue in X-men super-edition 14 released on the 3rd of July 1986... Toodle-oo!"

*OMG*

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:

Hey look everybody! I must be The Invisible Boy 'cause apparently my post above which covered pretty much the same info isn't visible to other people..... [Roll Eyes]

Griff - something else you must understand - a lot of people are nice and helpful and are more than willing to immediately post what they know. Secondly - there is no competition here.

Thirdly, remember this isn't a "US only" board we are from around the world and get on the 'net at all different times of the day or night. Monkey might have been composing his post when you posted yours.

CHILL OUT!!

G'night... errr no Good Morning...

LOVED Nightcrawler "Gutentaag" (if that's the incorrect spelling - I don't care - sorry Bernd) [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps