Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$ (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I have a legacy.

I'm pretty certain what looks like a wing in those x-rays is just, like, a shoulder-blade or something. I think I read that somewhere.

Um... me? [Smile]

Read earlier several times through this thread.

You may have also read the Empire Magazine X-men special.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Of course, the bigger issue might be that there isn't actually an "Alkali Lake" in the Canadian Rockies, let alone one with a dam. Stupid fiction. [Smile]

Best plot hole I've found so far... how exactly does Logan cross the Canada-US border on the way up to Alkali Lake and then again on the return leg? Or does Xavier have a passport-forging machine tucked into a broom closet across the hall from Cerebro?

1. I live in Australia - and even I know that there is an Alkali Lake in the Rockies.

2. If they can build a jet that not even the US military can identify - than they can forge travel documents. They probably have a mutant who deals in that sort of stuff [Smile] Like the mutant who has a knack for removing unsightly stains from your clothes and making your colours brighter than bright - and your whites whiter than white! [Smile]

As for plot-holes... even the reviewer for a out paper said - ignore the pot-holes cause underneath is a damn-fine movie.

That is so true.

I mean we are talking about a movie with super-mutant-beings with and we worry about there being a few folders on strykers desk-top? For all we know - everyone else he worked with felt the same-way and didn't care less what was on his desk top - plus there were some quite difficult-to-pass security checkpoints.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ignore the pot-holes cause underneath is a damn-fine movie.
I would like to visit Australia and uncover more of these filmatic treasures buried underneath your pock-marked roads.

And, I mean, X2 was enjoyable, sure, but not so awesome that it can get away with inconsistancies.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....as long as the word "crocidile" is not in the title, that is. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were on the "they're wings" side of things, Andrew?

Anyway, I assumed that Logan just wandered across the border somewhere away from a road. I mean, it isn't all fences and razorwire. I don't think. I guess it very well could be.

Though, come to think of it, does the movie ever come out and say the dam is even in Canada?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
quote:
ignore the pot-holes cause underneath is a damn-fine movie.
I would like to visit Australia and uncover more of these filmatic treasures buried underneath your pock-marked roads.

You know - subconsciously when I was typing that - I was thinking 'hey plot-holes is like pot-holes' LOL!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

WELL they say Alkali Lake - which is a well known lake in the Canadian Rockies!! Named after it's bright blue colour - which the water in the movie doesn't exactly look like - but maybe it depends on the time of the year.

Oh and it's "crocodile" [Smile]

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan being Logan, he could've either circumvented customs by slicing through some barbed wire fences or hacked 'n slashed his way past a border station, depending on his mood...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

LOL! A whole movie in itself... Logan's trip to Alkali Lake.

[Smile]

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) I can't believe you're still on about Colossus. I don't quite recall anyone arguing w/you about WHY he doesn't have a Russian accent. I do recall that I made the point that he does NOT have one in the movie, however.

Anyhow, John Allerdyce/Pyro should have an Australian accent. While, I'm not all that bothered by Pyro not having one, but am about Colossus, as his being from Russia is a major character asset for him, as he brought those simplistic values from the collective farm he grew up on to the U.S. w/him. For the longest time, he was the heart and soul of the team and it just doesn't seem right that he'd not be Russian. In the comics (up 'til the late '90's, anyhow), Piotr often used Russian language to communicate points/thoughts in dramatic moments - with such bits as: bozhe moi (my God), spaceba (thanks), da (yes) and tovarisch (comrade) heading up the list. Why would he use Russian words and phrases if he didn't have an accent at those times? Plus, IIRC from the comics, people would hear him speak and automatically say something like "Yer from Russia, ain't ya?" They'd have to pick that up from an accent....

On the other hand, it's not as integral for Pyro to be from Australia, however, as he was rarely ever more than a crutch of a bad guy. Sadly, they never thought enough of his character to develop it much in the comics and we've seen more character development in his movie version.

And finally, to give my perspective on the "foreigners learning a language w/o accent" thing - I've known a great many German's, Ukrainians, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino's and Mexican's in my life who came to the U.S. speaking little to no "American". The picked up most of their language here in The States and still have a strong accent from their homeland. Maybe the U.S. is more tolerant of people retaining an accent from their land of birth? On the flip side, I have also known people from the same lands that came to the U.S. as children and have very little to no home country accent. It just depends on their level of immersion into their current countries language, I guess.

2) The Canadian/American border isn't dominated by giant electrical fences tipped with razor wire and patrolled by dog-using U.S. Army troops or anything. It's actually wide open for several hundred miles in quite a few areas.

3) If you want to talk plot-holes, why is it that it only takes a few hours to travel from New York to the Rockies - a thousand or more miles distance - , yet it seemingly takes days to travel from New York to Boston...?

4) To back up "Woodside Kid", I too recall mention being made of Logan being involved in WWII in the mid-80's, tho not the specific referenced issue. For some reason, I'm remembering something about him having a flashback to the D-Day invasion and some young troop calling him "Sarge" as he lay dying on a beach. Seems the nametape we see clearly on his uniform pocket says "LOGAN", too. Wasn't 'til they got into all that "WeaponX" crap that it got all kinds of crazy w/the plot lines, and I want to say that actually started in "Marvel Presents". Also, wasn't there mention of Logan being a lot older than most folks thought in the first "Wolverine" miniseries?

5) I wish my comics weren't all boxed up, but I'm pretty certain that Lady Deathstrike wasn't a mutant in the comics. I also want to say that she was in a great deal of pain all the time, due in part to the adamantium in her claws. I'm also pretty certain that she initially had no adamantium armor (as I think that someone mentioned), tho wore some sort of armor. I do recall that she had been enhanced w/faster reflexes, tho. Didn't she also have poison in those claws?

Not trying to piss anyone off of bend them out of shape. Just wanted to give my thoughts on stuff.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she has no healing factor but a cyborg self-repairing system, I think, that she got from the Mojoverse. The metal in her body and her flexing fingers is not adamantium but just about as strong.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

The Wing X-ray is about top right on the 'board' of X-rays.

It's the Humerus with feather looking things coming off of it.

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Yes, she has no healing factor but a cyborg self-repairing system, I think, that she got from the Mojoverse. The metal in her body and her flexing fingers is not adamantium but just about as strong.

Ah, OK. I kind of remember that now. I'd forgotten about her dealings with... Six-armed chick... Bleach blonde... Seems like four of the arms were bionic in nature...

Grr....

I hate when my Old-timers kicks in like this. Chick who could teleport and was Mojo's Right Hand for a while. Had it in for Phoenix II (Rachel Summers from alternate timeline), didn't like Wolverine, ran w/the Reavers for a short time after giving them bionic enhancements, etc....

Dang it! I used to have an action figure of her! [Mad]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spiral
Griffworks
Member # 1014

Yeah. That's what I said. I said "Spiral".

;-)

I reeeaaalllllly hate when my memory flatulates like that......

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps