Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 39)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summhou, aym knot kunvinsst that axepting enny fonetiklee cimiler kombineshin uv leturz az uh kureklee speld wird wud meyc it eezier too undurstand wut peepul ar seying.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 |{|\|0\/\/ \/\/|-|47 ¥0µ |\/|34|\|. 1 Ð0|\|'7 7|-|1|\||{ \/\/3 $|-|0\/\/ 4((3p7 7|-|3 Ð39®4Ð4710|\| 0ƒ 7|-|3 3|\|9£1$|-| £4|\|9µ493.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ & ^^: You must die now.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spelling is only for people you're not on good terms with- friends should forgive such personality flaws as "character". [Wink]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN - you pronounce "correctly" without the t?
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody pronounce the 't' in hotdog around here?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Engineering professors already seem to not give a crap how students spell things [Razz]

No kidding, eh? As long as the formulae are right you're good to go.

quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Does anybody pronounce the 't' in hotdog around here?

Always.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh.... yes.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, I've only ever heard it pronounced with the 't' silenced, so that the basic result is "hoddog". Just wondering...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because you're from fucking Buffalo, kid.

Here in central PA, people seem to have a hatred of using the verb "to be", leading them to say things like "The dishes need done." This in turn leads to me jumping up & down, ranting & raving like Lionel Twain cursing Sidney Wang for his inability to speak English properly.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

You'd be surprised how confused out o' towners are when they hear things like "Chaclate", "Melk", and " Moltrin" followed by the Canadian standard interogatory "eh?". I had a teacher who couldn't use English properly. She liked to misuse the plural form of words. "This type of problem will only mess you up sometime. "You have your state Regentses tests next week. So, I'm going to give you some homeworks tonight."

I'm glad I no longer have her. THen again, you can't exactly blame the American population's inability to speak English, when our president can't, and even makes up words.

--------------------

-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TSN - you pronounce 'correctly' without the t?"

Certainly not. But I'm sure plenty of people don't realize it's there, and would try to spell the word without it. It seemed like a reasonable way to increase obfuscation.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird.
Of course, here in north cuba, most people speak Spanglish or just come up and say "speekie spanish?" to which I reply "No" and walk away.
Even at work.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy...shit. The article writer expresses my feelings quite eloquently...especially as regards the kid's parents.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So he dropped out to play a game that does not even teach how to play gutiar?
Seems social services need a call...or the parents can have him declared an adult (after 16, it's legal with parental sign-off) and the kid can destroy his life legally.

I'm thinking "hippie parents".
Ten bucks says everyone in his school called him "Fruity Pebbles" every day of his life.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps