Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 27)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife would shoot me if I said this in her presence, but I *JUST NOW* realized that the Kelvin's registry is her birthday (05/14).
[Roll Eyes] *sigh*

.....dammit, I *knew* there was something familiar about that number........

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She runs a tight ship.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wife was born in May of 1914?
Daaaamn, boy- you likes 'em mature dontcha?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smirks* Oh dear....

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount has released a slightly different version of the trailer, with an additional familiar face:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39238 [Big Grin]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niiiice. I'm actually getting more excited about it the more I watch it. I'm not having any trouble buying the actors as young Kirk and Spock. And Nimoy looks great. This might be the farthest glimpse ahead into the Next Generation era we've gotten so far, depending on when Spock is from.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! Old Spock doesn't look too bad.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The comic tie-in features Picard and Data (or B4?), so he's at least from the post-FC period.

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/idwcountdown_b.jpg

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I was gonna mention that. I might actually buy this comic. IDW has put some good stuff lately.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't bought any of their other Trek comics, but I'm planning on getting this one just to see how they handle the 24th century time period.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh... so will it deal with the events in the future that lead Spock and Nero to come back in time (which I'm assuming the movie will only hint at)?

That's pretty cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha Ha Ha Ha USS Edselprise.....

A yard could get good money changing the hull and frame every 5 years.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Johnny
Member # 878

Not to mention toy manufacturers.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of toys...

The new movie toys are already listed as pre-orders here. No pictures yet though.

Also, it would appear that Uhura and Chekov are only cadets during the movie, going by the product list of 6" figures.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gather that Kirk is also a cadet, and they're on the Enterprise on a training cruise under Pike with first officer Spock.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps