Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 28)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, now that's a connection I never would've made... [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Spock spent an even longer time than Data or Harry Kim without a promotion?

Who's playing Pike?

I can totally see Future Spock saying "BOOP!" to Pike- who, in turn will ask "what all that about?" and old Spock will give that sorta half grin and say "Oh....you'll find out.... fucking human never promoted me...grumble, grumble...".

But more likely, they'll do some sorta "It's good to see you again, sir" and all the fanboys will go "Awwww" because we know Spock really liked his old C.O and it's all tragic and junk.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pike is played by Bruce Greenwood.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And also, old Spock is supposed to be on the "Scotty's exile ice planet", where Kirk ends up for some reason, so Pike and Spock might not meet at all.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One-eyed guard: "Nooo one leaves from Terra Hautê!"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we know why Scotty's exiled on an ice planet yet? Does that mean he's not a member of Starfleet? Just some dude they pick up and make chief engineer?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the implications are that he was put on the post as punishment for an unauthorized transporter-accident involving an admiral´s dog, wasn´t it?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh... so he's stationed there... not actually exiled. That I'll buy.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I get that it's something stupid like that.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just any old admiral, it's "Admiral Archer's prize beagle".

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we know from that Okudagram he died not long after seeing the proper Enterprise being (or starting to be) built. Perhaps it was the shock of losing his dog that did him in. Scotty killed Archer!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

I knew I always liked Scotty, and now I know why.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Well, we know from that Okudagram he died not long after seeing the proper Enterprise being (or starting to be) built. Perhaps it was the shock of losing his dog that did him in. Scotty killed Archer!

Actually, that paragraph was deleted from the final version of the display that we saw in the episode. Mike Sussman said he wrote it, but they didn't use it. So we don't actually "know" that.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

Actually, that paragraph was deleted from the final version of the display that we saw in the episode. Mike Sussman said he wrote it, but they didn't use it. So we don't actually "know" that.
Orci considers a lot of the "Star Trek EU" to be canon, so I wouldn't put it past him.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to Trek EU, I would be a bit wary of including a lot of it in a canon environment. Certainly the more cohesive offerings as of late, such as the TNG, DS9 and VGR "relaunches". But a lot of the earlier stuff... especially that X-Men crossover *shudder*.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps